New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    In Makati City, a tree was uprooted and blocked Valero Street near the corner of Dela Rosa St. Avoid this place.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the wind subsides compared 2 hours ago but it's still moving / creating

damage on it's path. earlier hanggang lobby ng building namin tuloy

tuloy ang mga lagas na buhok este dahon at tubig kala ko mga guest

come 5 or 6 o'clock i hope hindi na ganito ka-grabe..
    Last edited by XTO; September 28th, 2006 at 03:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Here are some pix I took from our office.

In one of the pix, notice that the kia picanto has a sheet of plywood stuck on its rear window.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Damn! Made a mistake of going out to lunch to Glorietta at the height of the storm!! Bagsak ang puno sa Ayala and Makati ave. One lane lang doon pero they were clearing it already.

A tree was blocking the driveway going to G4 parking so we had to reverse in front of the intercon just to get in.

Going back to the office was an adventure. Trees and debris were flying about sabay ang bagal pa mag drive ang mga cars. Nakakatakot when we pass by the greenbelt mansions construction near mcdo greenbelt. The whole fence made of yero were about to fly already but the cars were all driving so slow. I saw a tree fell down on top of an everest.

we were weaving left and right to evade some fallen trees and signage. Saw a number of abandoned motorcycles lying on the streets and also saw a van on its side in valero.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    [SIZE="4"]SLEX closed to traffic [/SIZE]

By Joel Guinto
    INQ7.net
    Last updated 01:50pm (Mla time) 09/28/2006

THE SOUTH Luzon Expressway (SLEX) has been closed to traffic as fallen trees and debris littered the highway brought about by the heavy rains and strong winds of Typhoon Milenyo, Trade Secretary Peter Favila has said.

"The entire operations of SLEX has been paralyzed... Tollgates were destroyed," Favila told President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in a teleconference Thursday at the National Disaster Coordinating Council in Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon City.

Largely affected was the northbound stretch of C-5 road, which cuts across several cities and municipalities in the metropolis, Favila said.

The Philippine National Construction Corp. (PNCC), which operates the SLEX, has sought the help of the Department of Transportation and Communication (DoTC) for repairs and cleanup, Favila said.

He said the MMDA was in charge of clearing operations along C-5.

Arroyo was originally set to preside over the meeting at Camp Aguinaldo but said she was heading back to Clark Field in Angeles City to supervise relief operations.

The former US air base is on the path of the typhoon, according to the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA).
    -----------------------------------------
    Ingat! ingat! ingat! kayo dyan mga katoto

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I left the office at around 2:30 pm to go home. The ways to EDSA - thru Paseo & Buendia are traffic - almost not moving. You can see fallen trees, GI sheets blocking the streets. Then I decided to go back to office and I arrived at about 3:30 pm
    Last edited by j_avonni; September 28th, 2006 at 04:35 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    it's around 3:45 in the afternoon. kaninang mga lunchtime grabe. i'm at the 43rd floor ng pbcom tower. parang lumilindol because the building was swaying because of the wind

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Guys, be careful out there...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's already 4:20 and the winds are very calm.
    Is it safe to assume that the worst part of the storm is over? Or may kasunod pa kaya ito....

I'm still in my office at The Fort and it's a long drive all the way to QC where I live. I'm wondering if it's already okay to go home.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    It's already 4:20 and the winds are very calm.
    Is it safe to assume that the worst part of the storm is over? Or may kasunod pa kaya ito....

I'm still in my office at The Fort and it's a long drive all the way to QC where I live. I'm wondering if it's already okay to go home.
    Where in Quezon City? I'm in Novaliches. And at quarter to 5 pm, I'll be leaving again and try to go home.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Typhoon Update