New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I wonder how well the passenger inside survival capsules will stand up to the crashing and impacts the capsule will take during it's journey inside a tsunami? Also I assume the capsule will have it's own air supply but how long will it last, will the capsule float and is it better anchored in place or free to move with the tsunami?
    they showed it on the most recent news report. I tried to google it pero mga luma pa yung mga news clips.

Yung test na ginawa ay tulad nung sa concrete cylinder test (compression). Hindi ko lang ma-recall kung ilang force ang kaya. Then sinubukan din nila sa dagat, hinatak ng speedboat. (pero mas maganda sana kung sa ilog na malakas ang agos nila ginawa). Yung reporter mismo nasa loob. May vent siya na dalawa. Im not sure kung paano magiging water-tight yun, since pwede pumasok ang hangin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Its because the capsule will be hit hard objects regardless if it's anchored or free to move. If anchored, debris, house, boats, cars, etc in the tsunami will hit the capsule. If free to move, it will still hit large objects like buildings not moved by the tsunami. The difference would be if the capsule is anchored, once the tsunami recedes (hours later), you know you will still be in the same place (dry land). If it's free to move, you might be moved kilometers way or worst, swept into the sea.
    I'm thinking this query might have been raised to the designers. The curious thing is what is their reply?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    But we don't have much records of massive tsunami happening in the Philippines, right?
    Casiguran 1968

1968 Casiguran earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moro Gulf 1976 in Mindanao

List of historic tsunamis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mindoro 1994

1994 Mindoro earthquake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Tsunami Alert Up