New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    If I encounter a traffic violation, can I request to opt for paying the fines through Metrobank and no need to confiscate the license?

Because retrieving the dirvers' license is tedious especially if I was apprehended in the province or other unfamiliar cities.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    - - Up - -

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Not sure on how the crocs do it but the MMDA will issue you a TVR and you will have to deposit the fine in Metrobank within 3 days.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    Not sure on how the crocs do it but the MMDA will issue you a TVR and you will have to deposit the fine in Metrobank within 3 days.
    So there's no need for them to confiscate my driver's license?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MMDA traffic enforcers are not supposed to confiscate your license and will just issue you a TVR, unless you reach a certain number of violations or something. Local traffic enforcers can confiscate your license.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    MMDA doesnt confiscate driver's license.. but if you're apprehended by the city's traffic enforcer.. kukunin license mo.. and you have to settle don sa city mismo..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    MMDA doesnt confiscate driver's license.. but if you're apprehended by the city's traffic enforcer.. kukunin license mo.. and you have to settle don sa city mismo..
    If you are apprehended on a distant city in Metro manila, but your city of residence is very far away, are you allowed to request to just pay the fine via Metrobank without confiscating the license?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Diba pwede lang kunin ang lisensya mo pag na involve ka sa aksidente pero pag traffic violation pag-usapan niyo na lang pero pag MMDA ang nakahuli ticket yan diba at sa MMDA main office mo babayaran tama po ba?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yagami_kira View Post
    If you are apprehended on a distant city in Metro manila, but your city of residence is very far away, are you allowed to request to just pay the fine via Metrobank without confiscating the license?

AFAIK they will confiscate your license and you have to settle the penalty sa munisipyo nila

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Got apprehended awhile ago by pasig traffic enforcer in ortigas-meralco ave. intersection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Traffic Violation - License confiscation or Metrobank option?