New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Just heard over the news this morning that a jeepney was hit by a train, and a lady was killed... some thoughts that crossed my mind...
    1. With all the warnings, alarms that go off when a train is arriving, aren't we supposed to stop before the track?
    2. When the stop light is on red, aren't we supposed to come to a full stop? and not block the pedestrian lane?
    3. No U turn/ left/right turn..
    4. No crossing..
    5. PWD parking...

And a lot more...

In the case of the jeepney vs train... I'm pretty sure that the train operator will also get charged.. but why? also, when someone crossed the street on a no crossing zone and got hit, the driver of the vehicle who hit the pedestrian will be charged too.. but why? isn't it that what the pedestrian did was suicide (or plain stupidity)?

Just thinking... law... stupid law...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    In the case of the jeepney vs train... I'm pretty sure that the train operator will also get charged.. but why? also, when someone crossed the street on a no crossing zone and got hit, the driver of the vehicle who hit the pedestrian will be charged too.. but why? isn't it that what the pedestrian did was suicide (or plain stupidity)?

Just thinking... law... stupid law...
    Agree on this and your question is as good as mine. Like motorcycle goes counter flow and make a head on collision on a car in the correct lane & direction, yet the car driver get's charge. Really very stupid but is it the law or it's how the law enforcement interpret the law??? But wait, the other night , motorcycle rider hits concrete barrier along EDSA in QC. 1 dead & the other injured. No one was charge ? Is it because the goverment placed those concrete barrier ? If it's a park car that was hit by the motorcycle , surely they will charge the car driver. Really very stupid. In this country, stupidity is protected by the law.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think the PUJ is into SUA

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I can't remember the last time I saw a private vehicle disregard a stop sign. I've seen too many car crash clips and it's horrible!

Sa Taft maraming jeep ignoring stop signs. Motorcycles, lakas din mag loob mag ignore ng stop, di nagiisip pwede mangyayari sa katawan nila pag tinamaan sila ng auto.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Another thing, intersections are to be kept open.. it's already painted with a red X.. but still... oh well...

So when someone decided to end his life and jumped from a flyover down to edsa, then got hit by a vehicle.. kasalanan pa din ng sasakyan?

Does this only applies here in the Philippines?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    Another thing, intersections are to be kept open.. it's already painted with a red X.. but still... oh well...

So when someone decided to end his life and jumped from a flyover down to edsa, then got hit by a vehicle.. kasalanan pa din ng sasakyan?

Does this only applies here in the Philippines?
    i am curious... why red color?
    everyone knows, the yellow color is more visible on the street..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Agree on this and your question is as good as mine. Like motorcycle goes counter flow and make a head on collision on a car in the correct lane & direction, yet the car driver get's charge. Really very stupid but is it the law or it's how the law enforcement interpret the law??? But wait, the other night , motorcycle rider hits concrete barrier along EDSA in QC. 1 dead & the other injured. No one was charge ? Is it because the goverment placed those concrete barrier ? If it's a park car that was hit by the motorcycle , surely they will charge the car driver. Really very stupid. In this country, stupidity is protected by the law.
    I don't think the owner of a parked car has any liability in the accident scenario you mentioned. Has there been an incident wherein the owner of a parked car with no driver was charged in the accident?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    1 lane for turning vehicles (U-turn, left/right turn), sinasakop na buong daan... pag sira ang stoplight, wala din nagbibigayan... how I wish something like how they manage traffic in Subic (at the least), let us not hope for something what other countries do for the meantime, can also be done here... well, it pretty much goes down to one word... DISCIPLINE...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I don't think the owner of a parked car has any liability in the accident scenario you mentioned. Has there been an incident wherein the owner of a parked car with no driver was charged in the accident?
    Saw it sa news, motorcycle hits the truck and the truck driver get's charged.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    if the vehicle was parked at an area clearly marked, "no parking", then yes, car owner might be liable.
    it can be argued, that the signage was meant to prevent exactly what happened. hence the car's fault.
    but i suppose, it will be on a case to case basis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast