New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Kung pang kwarto. Mahusay talaga pag inverter ang kinuha dahil tuloy tuloy ang lamig. Hindi tulad ng non inverter na patay sindi ang lamig pag na set na mababang temp.... ang maganda lang sa window type inverter pag nasira pwd mo dalhin na agad sa service center.. ang pangit lang talaga sa window type ay yung ingay niya at design sa bahay.

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Ito rin sana gusto ko kaso Hitachi lang yata meron, and uber expensive even compared to top of the line inverter split types.
    Marami na ngayong inverter na window type. I saw a kolin, a panasonic and a new brand na hindi popular.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Got the new Carrier 1.5HP inverter earlier, but was able to have it install, sabi ng mag iinstall, i need to install a mini roof raw sa likod ng A/C ko, kasi naarawan, sabi ko twing hapon lang naman lumilipat yung sun light sa area kung san a/c is located, sabi niya pag wala raw bubong...madali masira dahil naarawan at open sa ulan...ang daming arte pala nitong inverter nato...

good thing maayos naman kausap nung shop...sabi ko, palitan ko nalang ng non inverter then bayad nalang ako ng 300 ulit for the delivery charge.

naka save pako ng 12000 pesos for switching back to non inverter A/C.

I think the Manufacturer of this technologies should make their units more resistant from sun and rain.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Got the new Carrier 1.5HP inverter earlier, but was able to have it install, sabi ng mag iinstall, i need to install a mini roof raw sa likod ng A/C ko, kasi naarawan, sabi ko twing hapon lang naman lumilipat yung sun light sa area kung san a/c is located, sabi niya pag wala raw bubong...madali masira dahil naarawan at open sa ulan...ang daming arte pala nitong inverter nato...

good thing maayos naman kausap nung shop...sabi ko, palitan ko nalang ng non inverter then bayad nalang ako ng 300 ulit for the delivery charge.

I think the Manufacturer of this technologies should make their units more resistant from sun and rain.
    Non inverter and inverters can be under the sun of course. And the fan unit is big enough to the lessen the heat in the whole outdoor unit.

But if you really want the outdoor unit to last, it has to be under a shade. Its a cheap fix for these expensive appliances.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post

we customers have no idea, just how weather resistant today's aircons are, compared to 40 years ago.
    almost everything will last longer, if it is protected from the elements.
    even if the appliance were labeled "weather-proof", i'd still have a doghouse built for it.
    and yes... the manufacturer and the customer, they each have a different concept of "weather resistant".

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we customers have no idea, just how weather resistant today's aircons are, compared to 40 years ago.
    almost everything will last longer, if it is protected from the elements.
    even if the appliance were labeled "weather-proof", i'd still have a doghouse built for it.
    and yes... the manufacturer and the customer, they each have a different concept of "weather resistant".
    Were talking about inverter sir ha..

hinde siya pwede ibilad sa araw or mainitan, i think what you're saying is the traditional A/C.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    due to some space restriction we have this inverter unit installed on the roof hanging by the firewall, totally exposed to the weather. it's been 3 years yet still working as it is since day 1.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2712919
    Were talking about inverter sir ha..

hinde siya pwede ibilad sa araw or mainitan, i think what you're saying is the traditional A/C.
    halos pareho lang ang laman ng traditional and inverter aircons, po.
    mayroon lang dagdag na kaunting electronics yung inverter type.
    weather protection? "sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander."

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Inverter appliances uses synchronous motors using technology of thyristors. It actually vary the speed through frequency controlling, it invert the AC supply to DC and then revert it back again into AC. Look for IP45 protection mark in the nameplate to know if it is a weatherproof, but usually the best outdoor protection mark start from IP55.

sent from Nokia 3210i

10. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    To me inverter makes sense pag mataas ang daily usage. Sa ref namin ang laki ng savings nung inverter vs same sized non-inverter. Running 24/7 kasi pareho so mababawi agad yung price difference.

Re: service life I'm not sure but inverter should last longer. Other advantages ng inverter:

Much more quiet
    Steady temperature (no hot/cold spikes)
    I beg to disagree with "much more quiet" statement.

WARNING: Reconsider your decision if you are planning to buy a Panasonic window type inverter ac, ANG INGAY GRABE, PAG NAKA FAN OKAY LANG, PERO PAG PA COOL TEMP NA, YUMAYANIG ANG MOTOR KAYA KUNG LIGHT SLEEPER KA, MAGIGISING KA FOR SURE! Then once naiuwi mo na at nainstall, kahit pala 7 days DAW consumers warranty act return policy, ire repair lang ang ac at kung papalitan ng panasonic eh 1 to 2 months pa replacement dahil sa dami ng report na kailangang gawin just to justify yung replacement.

Should have gone for Kolin or Carrier, sigh...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast