New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Ang inverter ay mahal pero matipid if gagamitin ng tama. Dapat sukat ang hp sa size ng room at maganda ang pagka sarado ng room para hindi lumabas ang lamig. Kung gagamitin mo ang inverter at non inverter sa isang malaking or open area masasabi ko na pareho lang sila ng kunsumo dahil mag sisimula lang ang tipid ng inverter pag lumamig ang room at papabagalin niya ang takbo ng compressor..
    Kung patibayan ang usapan. Masasabi ko na mas matibay ang non inveter dahil wala siyang pcb board na senstive sa basa or init..

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Got me thinking kung will stick with traditional A/C or switch to inverter A/C since we really need to upgrade the HP, hinde na kasi kinakaya ng 1HP sa room namin, plan to switch to 1.5HP na Inverter that cost less than the 1HP traditional A/C in electricity bills.
    Paps, check mo lang ha, but I think I was informed by someone na ang katumbas ng non-inverter to inverter in terms of HP is x1.5, so yung 1 hp mo sa non-inv ay 1.5 hp, so if u need to increase dapat above 1.5 hp buy mo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    But am worried if it really true that the unit will only last for 5 to 7 years then may mga papalitan na parts na..

any of you guys have Inverter A/C and experience this delima?

TIA
    Here's my experience to your question. I bought 3 split type 1HP inverter AC in 2010 installed it sa master bedroom, guest room & AV room. Yung sa master bedroom, daily use and change board 2013 for 5K. The guest room aircon was barely use barely 1 month for the entire life. The one at AV use sparingly so i'd estimate it's useage was 1 yr for it's entire life. Last year after 5 yrs, all of them broke down in a span of 1 week. When it was pulled out by OEM service, end up junking all those units as the boards are obsolete already.

I was offered a discount for a brand new unit as a consolation.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Here's my experience to your question. I bought 3 split type 1HP inverter AC in 2010 installed it sa master bedroom, guest room & AV room. Yung sa master bedroom, daily use and change board 2013 for 5K. The guest room aircon was barely use barely 1 month for the entire life. The one at AV use sparingly so i'd estimate it's useage was 1 yr for it's entire life. Last year after 5 yrs, all of them broke down in a span of 1 week. When it was pulled out by OEM service, end up junking all those units as the boards are obsolete already.

I was offered a discount for a brand new unit as a consolation.
    so how do you feel about this?
    did you get (again) brand new inverter types, or did you go back to traditional?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so how do you feel about this?
    did you get (again) brand new inverter types, or did you go back to traditional?
    I took the discount offer. Brand new at store price 32-33K , they gave it to me for 26K inclusive of installation.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    From what I have read before, the savings can pay for the Inverter AC unit in one year (Php3,000 per month X 12 months). If this is true then a service life of 5 years is sulit na.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    If you will use it continuously and it covers a larger room go for inverter type. But if it is to be use in a smaller room and seasonal or occasionally, go for the traditional one specially " windows type". This type of a/c is very reliable over split types, it can go 20 years with only cleaning maintainance. Not like split types, whereas most common problems is the rolling fans on the evaporator unit and pcb's. Pag ang bearing or sleeve housing nasira sa evaporator side madalas non repairable na, wala ka naman mabiling evaporator unit lang (indoor unit of split types).

sent from Nokia 3210i

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    If you will use it continuously and it covers a larger room go for inverter type. But if it is to be use in a smaller room and seasonal or occasionally, go for the traditional one specially " windows type". This type of a/c is very reliable over split types, it can go 20 years with only cleaning maintainance. Not like split types, whereas most common problems is the rolling fans on the evaporator unit and pcb's. Pag ang bearing or sleeve housing nasira sa evaporator side madalas non repairable na, wala ka naman mabiling evaporator unit lang (indoor unit of split types).

sent from Nokia 3210i
    What about window type inverter foe a small room?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

Ito rin sana gusto ko kaso Hitachi lang yata meron, and uber expensive even compared to top of the line inverter split types.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

If it is window type, it is better.

sent from Nokia 3210i

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast