New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello guys,

Quick survey lang po cause we are pllaning to change our Air conditioning at home, tried using the meralco app calculator to compute.

ang 1HP na traidition A/C use for 12 hours a day x 7 days a week for 1 month = P2,640.00, but if you will use 1.5HP Inverter A/C for the same, the bill will be = P1,810 Only.

Now my question is, pang matagalan ba yung inverter na A/C?

kasi my dad's Carrier and Kelvinator 2HP traiditional A/C is still working fine, despite both of them are morethan 10 years already.

was thinking baka sa umpisa lang yung nakamura ka sa electricity bill, but hinde naman pang matagalan yung unit na inverter..

Any thoughts?

TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Non inverter AC provides a fix heating or cooling by a fixed power with the compressor running at a fixed speed. The compressor has to start and stop when required. Inverter aircon have a controllable compressor that provides the exact amount of heating and cooling as needed. So, in terms of efficiency and precision, inverter air conditioners are much better because it gives longer life to the compressor, which i think is the most expensive part in an airconditioning unit.

on the life of the inverter itself, you can read here..... medyo technical eh..... SANKEN ELECTRIC : Inverter : Inverter Questions and Answers

but sabi dito: a trend (known as "Arrhenius Law"*) related to the ambient temperature exists for the aluminum electrolytic capacitors used inside the inverter, which determines the life expectancy of inverters, which are easily influenced by the ambient temperature. If an inverter is used in a high-temperature environment, it is necessary to replace the aluminum electrolytic capacitors inside that inverter within the standard replacement period, in order to ensure long use of the inverter.
    * Arrhenius Law (doubling for every 10°C)

When the ambient temperature increases by 10°C, the life expectancy decreases by half, and when the ambient temperature declines by 10°C, the life doubles

di ko lang alam i-explain. hehehehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Stability of the powe supply is also a factor. Frequent brown outs may have an effect on the electronic board. Also make sure to follow the PM schedule (quarterly).

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Technically, inverter appliances like a/c are more economical than the traditional a/c's in terms of power consumptions. Only problem is the price of it spare parts (electronic boards) in particular, but hoping it will subside soon as many people are using it.

sent from Nokia 3210i

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    To me inverter makes sense pag mataas ang daily usage. Sa ref namin ang laki ng savings nung inverter vs same sized non-inverter. Running 24/7 kasi pareho so mababawi agad yung price difference.

Re: service life I'm not sure but inverter should last longer. Other advantages ng inverter:

Much more quiet
    Steady temperature (no hot/cold spikes)

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Just had out Traditional A/C cleaned awhile ago and while they're cleaning it, am doing a Q&A with manong, he said that Inverter A/C is pretty delicate to clean if it was service by a non experience A/C cleaner or technician (not sure kung binibida niya sarili niya para siya padin maglilinis if ever we had an inverter), but along the conversation manong said that Inverter A/C only last for 5 to 7 years then maglalabasan naraw yung mga sakit niya..then yung mga nasave niyo sa electricity ay dun din mapupunta kasi mahal raw talaga mga parts ng inverter.

Got me thinking kung will stick with traditional A/C or switch to inverter A/C since we really need to upgrade the HP, hinde na kasi kinakaya ng 1HP sa room namin, plan to switch to 1.5HP na Inverter that cost less than the 1HP traditional A/C in electricity bills.

But am worried if it really true that the unit will only last for 5 to 7 years then may mga papalitan na parts na..

any of you guys have Inverter A/C and experience this delima?

TIA

7. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Just had out Traditional A/C cleaned awhile ago and while they're cleaning it, am doing a Q&A with manong, he said that Inverter A/C is pretty delicate to clean if it was service by a non experience A/C cleaner or technician (not sure kung binibida niya sarili niya para siya padin maglilinis if ever we had an inverter), but along the conversation manong said that Inverter A/C only last for 5 to 7 years then maglalabasan naraw yung mga sakit niya..then yung mga nasave niyo sa electricity ay dun din mapupunta kasi mahal raw talaga mga parts ng inverter.

Got me thinking kung will stick with traditional A/C or switch to inverter A/C since we really need to upgrade the HP, hinde na kasi kinakaya ng 1HP sa room namin, plan to switch to 1.5HP na Inverter that cost less than the 1HP traditional A/C in electricity bills.

But am worried if it really true that the unit will only last for 5 to 7 years then may mga papalitan na parts na..

any of you guys have Inverter A/C and experience this delima?

TIA
    5-7 years is long enough to have saved for a new one, most probably a more efficient one

sad to say that's the truth with our heavily polluted air no thanks to very old un-maintained diesel engines being used by jeeps and trucks, we have the clean air act law but we lack enforcement of it - VOTE DUTERTE and lets bring back the law enforcement for our own sake...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i agree..well..so be it..i'll get the 1.5HP inverter then..

regarding duterte..i stayed in davao for 2 years that was year 2005 or 2006, all i can say that i never knew who is duterte back then but all the people there is saying that he is the best mayor and all, but base on my experience..Davao is one of the place i stayed that you can call a taxi anytime and they will arrive at your house and once you entered the car thats the time the driver start his fare meter, also you can literally walk and buy food in a convenience store no matter what time is it...we only have 34 days to go before the election..

I know that Mayor will be out next president and am super excited what he's going to do with the country.

Remember is davao, when i entered their city hall to get process our business permit, people their treat you like you're their boss to the point na mahihiya kana sa kabaitan nila..

but sad to say dito sa manila..kulang nalang lumuhud tayo sa harapan ng mga government official or employee to process our papers, simple clearance na pwede naman makuha within 30minutes, papabalik kapa ng 3 days..buti sana kung libre..kaso binayaran mo naman..

Let's Vote Mayor Duterte...

Out of topic na tayo...hahaha

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    Technically, inverter appliances like a/c are more economical than the traditional a/c's in terms of power consumptions. Only problem is the price of it spare parts (electronic boards) in particular, but hoping it will subside soon as many people are using it.

sent from Nokia 3210i
    Ill ask the LG service how much these expensive boards are. Im kinda curious how expensive these are. I need a vacuum brush for my lg vac anyways.

5-8k for 30k 1HP unit seems fine
    12k-18k is stupid. Means a new unit is called for.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Ill ask the LG service how much these expensive boards are. Im kinda curious how expensive these are. I need a vacuum brush for my lg vac anyways.

5-8k for 30k 1HP unit seems fine
    12k-18k is stupid. Means a new unit is called for.
    Be aware that inverter a/c's uses a variable speed compressor, you should ask how much is it kung sakali.
    Inverter technology vary the speed of motor as per needed, and during start up. Traditional aircon just start and stop its compressor motor as per dictate of thermostat, and during the start process motor create an inrush current making its rated full load ampere shoot up to 600% (ex. 10A x 6 = 60 ampere).
    While, inverter technolgy lessen down the starting current from 250% ~ 450% (ex. 10 x 2.5 = 25A ampere) depends every brand. The lesser the current needed means, lower electrical bill.
    Yun nga lang, you have to pay for the technology itself kaya mas mahal. You have to have a monthly PM's sa unit, electronic board itself should not be exposed to a higher ambient temperature continuously.

If you can maintain it without major problem encountered in 5 years, sulit na!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast