New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    guy's a jackass but he does have a point.

some people just can't threaten "civil disobedience" and then expect other people to respect their rules.

on the subject of family planning though, my conspiracy theory is that the family planning thing/brith control is the idea of western superpowers to limit our growth, as a nation.

china has an astounding birth rate (although i've heard may some form of birth control na din sila ngayon)... i've even read somewhere that now, 2 out of every 6 people are chinese... pero the main resource of china now is their population. they're on the verge of becoming a superpower again (there's just so damn many of them, hehe).

Note that china has had the one child policy for a veeeery long time. they are actually allowing 2 right now but it is subject to government 'investigation' if the family can handle 2 children.

Kudos to Mr.Celdran!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    guy's a jackass but he does have a point.

some people just can't threaten "civil disobedience" and then expect other people to respect their rules.

on the subject of family planning though, my conspiracy theory is that the family planning thing/brith control is the idea of western superpowers to limit our growth, as a nation.

china has an astounding birth rate (although i've heard may some form of birth control na din sila ngayon)... i've even read somewhere that now, 2 out of every 6 people are chinese... pero the main resource of china now is their population. they're on the verge of becoming a superpower again (there's just so damn many of them, hehe).
    ^^^China has a very strict one child policy. Kaya may warning ngayon that there will more chinese males than females, since males are preferred to chinese families. Uber spoiled pa mga ito.China is a production/export driven country that's why they're rich. The Philippine is a consumer driven one that's why its poor. The Philippines has a high birth rate not proportionate to its GDP which usually mean higher poverty rate. Rich countries like Siingapore nga and some in Europe have to entice its citizens to make babies, because their highly educated population would rather make money than families.
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 1st, 2010 at 11:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kulang pa yun ginawa niya dapat hinampas niya yun mga pari sa harap niya.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I hold priests in high regard so I can't fathom how Celdran could do such a thing.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Buti di niya ginaya si Sinead O' Connor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin%C3%A9ad_O%27Connor

On 3 October 1992, O'Connor appeared on Saturday Night Live as a musical guest. She was singing an a cappella version of Bob Marley's "War", which she intended as a protest over the ***ual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church, by changing the lyric "racism" to "child abuse."[16] She then presented a photo of Pope John Paul II to the camera while singing the word "evil", after which she tore the photo into pieces, said "Fight the real enemy," and threw the pieces towards the camera.[17]

Her message that time has now become significant, which is against child abuse in the catholic church. The current Pope has been forced to recognized the problem and publicly apologized to the victims.
    Last edited by Monseratto; October 1st, 2010 at 12:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If they excommunicate noynoy, I say, distribute the lands owned by the church........... and might as well tax them.............

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nah dapat pinagsasampal nya ang mga pari nyang hawak nya.

Sorry but Catholic priest are idiotic morons, calling civil disobedience againt RH bill.

Ilang milyon na ba tayo ngayon? Damukal kayong mga pari kayo, and liit ng bansa natin.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tama ginawa ni Celdran

the Catholic church leaders called for civil disobedience

those retards should be arrested for inciting rebellion or something

somebody has to remind them we are no longer a Spanish colony

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I hold priests in high regard so I can't fathom how Celdran could do such a thing.
    Priests are human too.

And often the catholic church in the Philippines have been meddling too much into politics, example is the passing of the RH bill.

We have a separation of church and state.

If the church doesn't want the passing of the RH bill, maybe they can take care of all the unwanted children themselves?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's funny is... the Chinese experience is the best indicator that active, aggressive population control doesn't really work. The only real way to make people have less babies is to educate them and make them more prosperous. Both affect how many babies people will have. No matter what you do, poor and poorly educated people will always have lots of babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I respect his beliefs but what he did was beyond disrespectful.
    Civil disobedience as a response to the threat of civil disobedience seems a fair trade. If the Church threatens to disrupt other people's lives simply to make a political point, why is it wrong for a private citizen to do the same?

Hear, hear.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Tour guide Celdran disrupts mass,protests church involvement in politics/RH Bill