New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i just got my copy of topgear november issue. i'm surprised i saw my name on the letter of the month in motor mouth section. honestly it wasn't expected, but its there na.

wala pa bang C! dyan?

:D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    yup. saw your name. wag ka na magtaka. si black sentra kasi ang editor in chief nyan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    the F430 looks mean...

a familiar name in the Crankcase column... hehe the ever controversial CHAOS, i mean KHAOS pala

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've got the issue na rin... am a bit disappointed (pay attention, editors!) about the readability, both in the local and british articles... masyadong stylish ang layout... white text on photo-backgrounds... even though the text backgrounds were darkened (ala photoshop), the text was still really hard to read... in some places, maddeningly hard!

Kasama pala si Sevilla-Mendoza! I've been reading her motoring column for years!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think they invite contributors every month kaya iba iba ang nagsusulat like aida mendoza and tessa salazar..

the november issue is still quite the same even worse than the october issue, now some text cannot be read, still the same nokia 6600 photos... some reviews are now "edgier" kuno pero yung iba masyadong feeling "brit" ang pagkasulat, ang t.h. at ang daming mga palabok na mga words...papaano si erap niyan? but the biggest fault i can find are the ugly pics, its a big turnoff... i only like one section though, the 2nd hand car feature.. sana di na pinalayas ng summit si eric ramos at nilipat na lang dito para may ***y girls pa sa cover at centerfold ala sport truck or import tuner ahahaha

so now, i would declare to you, my friends that this would be the last issue i buy... sa powerbooks ko na lang talaga ito babasahin!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I would say something about the photos and the writing, but I'm still waiting for the 3 month probationary period to end.

I've noticed, though, that despite the quality of Jeremy Clarkson's acerbic wit, I find the British articles lacking in layout and photo quality, too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yawn!
    Ugly pics.
    Interesting to find out that the K20 engine on the 2.0 Civic is an SOHC.......

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Eh? SOHC? check out http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/20CivicRev/index.html, DOHC yata yun! It's the 1.7 VTi and VTi-S that are SOHC!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i will still wait for a couple of issues more before evaluating TGPH. I think they can still improve on those pictures, it not too late. C! magazine passed that stage. oh btw, at least they were able to see those typo.

Topgear Philippines November 2004