New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    It seems na andami ngaun gusto bumili ng plaka or records. what gives? coz it has the benefit of the greatest sound acoustics or preservation of sounds. so bibile na lang ng mga turntable ulet sa bahay so that we can be in. or just drop by sa coffee shop sa megamall, sip a coffee, buy a record, walk muna sa mall so that others can see that your are an audiophile?

We should al be reminded that we each have only 40 years of productive independent life. the first 20 years are for schooling. so next 20 for you to develop and hone your skills and creatvity so that at forty you will not be doing any technical stuff anymore, dapat at 40 at least ka na mag-leadership coz pahina-hina na ng pahina ang mental mo coz of age, so kailangan maging people person, by 50 dapat hindi na leadership but instead relationship, guiding the young, helping others, extrovert stuff na hindi kelangan ng mga iphone na yan. coz by 60 dami mo na problema like health problems and diabetis>

so why waste money on those things? as in , most of the time naman you spend your time on the road, ano bibile ka na din ng turntable sa car mo so that you can play you magnificient collection of records. I mean are we gonna see bentleys and rolls royce in the future, buiding larger dashboards that can accomodate records / plaka. isn’t this a step backwards. again we each have 40 years to live a meaningful life. When we are old, it is exepected of us to pursue trascendence. the speed of sound is just but one of that transcending value

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    It seems na andami ngaun gusto bumili ng plaka or records. what gives? coz it has the benefit of the greatest sound acoustics or preservation of sounds. so bibile na lang ng mga turntable ulet sa bahay so that we can be in. or just drop by sa coffee shop sa megamall, sip a coffee, buy a record, walk muna sa mall so that others can see that your are an audiophile?

We should al be reminded that we each have only 40 years of productive independent life. the first 20 years are for schooling. so next 20 for you to develop and hone your skills and creatvity so that at forty you will not be doing any technical stuff anymore, dapat at 40 at least ka na mag-leadership coz pahina-hina na ng pahina ang mental mo coz of age, so kailangan maging people person, by 50 dapat hindi na leadership but instead relationship, guiding the young, helping others, extrovert stuff na hindi kelangan ng mga iphone na yan. coz by 60 dami mo na problema like health problems and diabetis>

so why waste money on those things? as in , most of the time naman you spend your time on the road, ano bibile ka na din ng turntable sa car mo so that you can play you magnificient collection of records. I mean are we gonna see bentleys and rolls royce in the future, buiding larger dashboards that can accomodate records / plaka. isn’t this a step backwards. again we each have 40 years to live a meaningful life. When we are old, it is exepected of us to pursue trascendence. the speed of sound is just but one of that transcending value
    some people do it because they like the... whatever it has to offer, acoustic-wise.
    they don't care too much what you and i, think of them.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 29th, 2017 at 11:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mp3 na ngayon OB. set mo lang sa "tube amp" effect yung player mo oks na.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post

People can spend and enjoy their money however they want to spend it. Why do you have more than one vehicle in the PH when most of the time, they're just sitting either in traffic jams or in the garage? Why not sell them and use the proceeds to feed and shelter the poor? Or, put em to college.

I donate a substantial part of my days off picking up trash along some highway or donating time doing plumbing work for low-cost housing.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 29th, 2017 at 11:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    To many, it's the rituals involved. Pulling the record off the shelf, carefully removing it from its protective sleeve... the smell of vinyl fills your nostrils.... lifting up the turntable protective cover, setting down the record, gently wiping it off with the cleaning pad, setting the turntable RPM, lifting the tonearm and gently setting down the needle on the first track. It's a mesmerizing experience that is priceless.
    Last edited by oj88; July 30th, 2017 at 12:04 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    To many, it's the experience involved. Pulling the record off the shelf, carefully removing it from its protective sleeve... the smell of vinyl fills your nostrils.... lifting up the turntable protective cover, setting down the record, gently wiping it off with the cleaning pad, setting the turntable RPM, lifting the tonearm and gently setting it down the needle on the first track. It's a mesmerizing ritual that is priceless.
    there's this world-class virtuoso, whose hobby-cum-sideline is... sound systems! vinyl discs, traditional electronics, speakers, turntables!

aficionadoes say that the physical vibration of the stylus needle, is the nearest we can come to duplicating the original sound of the recording.

don't ask me. i'm just lip-synching them.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there's this world-class virtuoso, whose hobby-cum-sideline is... sound systems! vinyl discs, traditional electronics, speakers, turntables!

aficionadoes say that the physical vibration of the stylus needle, is the nearest we can come to duplicating the original sound of the recording.

don't ask me. i'm just lip-synching them.
    Not an expert as well, but if you search the web, a lot of people appears to have dispelled that theory. For one, that analog-to-analog idea may have been true for older records from the 70's and earlier, but the more modern records were likely reproduced from digital masters.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    it's a long debate in audiophile circle between analog and digital. very much like AT or manual in cars. the allure of vinyl is still there, it never dies. you can go digital in your car and smartphones but when you are in the comfort of your living room or dedicated audio room, vinyl music is a different listening experience.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    na gets ko yun ibig sabihin ni TS; lossless na nga yung ibang digital media, pero prefer parin ng iba yung vinyl. IMO superior ang quality ng digital (lossless/studio master tama ba?*etc.); pero tulad ng sinabi na dito, iba ang experience ng vinyl playback.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If we're going to talk about analog and digital...... Analog does have the better fidelity. Unfortunately, most analog recording devices also record unwanted noise. Converting analog to digital involves setting a recording threshold where the unwanted noise is filtered out. However, some of the music bits may also be filtered out. That's why there are subtle differences between the two that are audible to audiophiles.

My hearing is shot from decades of jet engine noise. So, analogue or digital sound doesn't matter to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast