New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    advance watch ko ng 15 min, late pa din ako hehehe

so what i do,by and by i adjust my clock to either right time, plus 5 or plus 10 or plus 15, so whatever errand i need to do, i make an allowance of how many minutes just to make sure, tipong dinadaya ko sarili ko, hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    At home, Local Time. At work, Zulu Time/GMT/UTC because that's the time all raw weather observations and forecasts are in.

We keep our time updated via US Navy Atomic Clock:

http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/what.html
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 9th, 2006 at 07:58 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PAGASA's clock is Rubidium-based, so it should be accurate. The displayed time on the website might be using a different one and not directly referring to the atomic clock, thus the need for updates.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    he displayed time on the website might be using a different one and not directly referring to the atomic clock, thus the need for updates.
    If you mean the Atomic Clock, you have to hit the browser refresh because it updates every second. When we update the times on our instruments, we pick a time a bit advanced from the current time and set it when the Atomic Clock reaches that time. Time hacks can take a while because of all the pc's, servers, and instruments/sensors.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 9th, 2006 at 09:35 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    check it at www.worldtimezone.com

it's accurate...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Haha... my watch is still synchronized to the USN site... I set it to the site months ago! I love my Seiko Kinetic. Best damn watch in the universe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my rule of thumb is to follow the time on my boss's clock para walang sabit.

incidentally, that clock (and all the clocks in the building and on our computers) are synchronized to world time...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    my rule of thumb is to follow the time on my boss's clock para walang sabit.

incidentally, that clock (and all the clocks in the building and on our computers) are synchronized to world time...
    Ako din ganito hehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If you mean the Atomic Clock, you have to hit the browser refresh because it updates every second. When we update the times on our instruments, we pick a time a bit advanced from the current time and set it when the Atomic Clock reaches that time. Time hacks can take a while because of all the pc's, servers, and instruments/sensors.
    Jun, 2 minutes pa rin difference with the other atomic clocks even if you refresh the browser. When m2 mentioned the possibility that the website needs to be updated, the thought that came to my mind was that PAGASA's server might not be linked/interfaced to their atomic clock, because it wouldn't need manual corrections if it is ... sorta like consumer clocks with built-in receivers to sync with the NIST atomic clock.

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Haha... my watch is still synchronized to the USN site... I set it to the site months ago! I love my Seiko Kinetic. Best damn watch in the universe.
    Same here, hehe. My Seiko averages 2-3 seconds of error per year, as I periodically compare it (since the 80's) to Japan's JJY and the US WWV Atomic clocks, which are btw, broadcast transmitters where you can calibrate your time, frequency (great for instrument calibration), etc.

Still, the best time reference is what M54 posted ... Haven't had a boss who gives a crap about atomic clocks

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Jun, 2 minutes pa rin difference with the other atomic clocks even if you refresh the browser.
    I'm not quite sure which website you're referring to. But, the USN time and that world time website seems to match from my end. Both had 04:48am at the time of the sscreencap.

No big deal, really. I'm off for the next 2 days. I've turned all my alarm clocks off.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 9th, 2006 at 08:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which Time to follow