New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="3"]Things You Learn ... From driving your car flat out for long distances...[/SIZE]

- I can empty my fuel tank in two hours.

- To fill it up, I have to work for a week.

- Radar detectors should be standard equipment. (If you can afford those thousands of pesos for more HP or if you can spend millions on a super car, why skip the detector? It's as if you'll be running that super car at it's designed speed anywhere in Metro Manila...)

- 200 kph is not fast enough, especially when trying to evade that highway cop ahead armed with a radar gun.

- At speeds in excess of 180 kph, the ***y girl, in the skimpy outfit seated beside you, becomes a liability for the driver's attention for the road.

- Maintaining your speed at 190kph for any length of time can lead you to remember "things" you would rather forget...

- Speeding up to 200 kph, you might also start remembering things that you shouldn't have forgotten like: if that broken bolt that you found last time you looked under the car would be anyway connected to that clanking sound coming from under the car right now.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 1st, 2009 at 07:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hahaha! Laugh trip!

Teka, sino yung "***y girl" na kasama mo? hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Things You Learn ... From driving your car flat out for long distances...[/SIZE]

- Speeding up to 200 kph, you might also start remembering things that you shouldn't have forgotten like: if that broken bolt that you found last time you looked under the car would be anyway connected to that clanking sound coming from under the car right now.
    Silver state classic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq2XWYjc96E"]YouTube - jun stream 350Z crashed at 350km/h (Dai San)[/ame]

something like this.

The driver is the founder of D1 who can't actually drift nor race as said by his own drivers.
    Last edited by Negus; September 1st, 2009 at 07:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Long distances?

Welcome to the twilight zone..... Ti ni nining ni ni nining.

Yeah, I know. You've seen this before. I drove for 20-25 hrs straight when I was single. Sleep meant nothing to me.......except when I dozed off and almost killed myself (several times).

Here, there's no need for radar detectors when on freeways. I can "read" the traffic (especially the ones going the opposite way) and made good guesses if the cops were there. I quit much of my speeding after getting married. The wife would have none of it.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 2nd, 2009 at 12:11 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unfortunately in Metro Manila, the only nearby highways are NLEX, SCTEX, SLEX and the Skyway. Most are monitored by patrols with speed-radar guns.

Like my experience just this Sunday. I was trying to keep pace with a speeding red Corvette in my Project Sentra (yeah yeah I know I am being optimistic but since it can maintain double century speeds, maybe I had a chance. hehe). As we neared NLEX Bucaue exit, my radar detector rang its alarm and I hit the brakes hard to quickly lower my speed to under 100kph. Seconds later I spot a half-hidden white unmarked Innova van parked at the side of the road.

I am sure the Corvette was tagged but I am not sure if the patrol tagged me as well. As I neared the tollbooths, I saw the Corvette flagged to one side by the NLEX patrol. As I picked a cue, a patrol man approached my car but he walked passed and ignored my car. So I just paid my toll fee and drove home.

That's one point for my detector.

BTW, I did the Manila-Subic run in an hour (again).
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 2nd, 2009 at 04:22 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Unfortunately in Metro Manila, the only nearby highways are NLEX, SCTEX, SLEX and the Skyway. Most are monitored by patrols with speed-radar guns.

Like my experience just this Sunday. I was trying to keep pace with a speeding red Corvette in my Project Sentra (yeah yeah I know I am being optimistic). As we neared NLEX Bucaue exit, my radar detector rang its alarm and I hit the brakes hard to quickly lower my speed to under 100kph. Seconds later I spot a half-hidden white unmarked Innova van parked at the side of the road.

I am sure the Corvette was tagged but I am not sure if he tagged me as well. As I neared the tollbooths, the Corvette was flagged to one side by the NLEX patrol. As I picked a cue, a patrol man approached my car but walked passed and ignored my car.

That's one point for my detector.

Ha Ha. Lucky you.

Me? Of all the places I drove here, I never got a speeding ticket...... except in California where I had three. Of course, I talked my way out of one of them.

The worst one was when one CHP unit clocked me at 125 mph at Auburn, east of Sacramento along I-80. He gave me a ticket for 75 mph and told me to get out of there (I had Nevada plates). I think the IROC-Z* (plus 5 other cars who tagged along) I was racing didn't fare so well. That guy signaled he already had two speeding tickets. This was back in 1991.

*The cops seemed to recognize it. Fire engine red, late-model Camaro IROC-Z.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 2nd, 2009 at 04:21 AM.

Things You Learn ...