New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    To my fellow Tsikoteers, is there really a difference between telling a lie and telling a white lie?

Pareho lang namang "lies" yun diba? Pareho pa ring masama. Or is it a choice between the lesser evil?

Aminin natin na dinaraanan natin ito paminsan-minsan...
    Last edited by LadyRider; October 11th, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    A lie is a type of deception in the form of an untruthful statement with the intention to deceive, often with the further intention to maintain a secret or reputation, or to avoid punishment. To lie is to state something one knows is false with the intention that it be taken for the truth by someone else. A liar is a person who is lying, who has lied, or who lies repeatedly.

Lying is typically used to refer to deceptions in oral or written communication. Other forms of deception, such as disguises or forgeries, are generally not considered lies, though the underlying intent may be the same; however, even a true statement can be considered a lie if the person making that statement is doing so to deceive. In this situation, it is the intent of being untruthful rather than the truthfulness of the statement itself that is considered.
    White lie
    A white lie would cause no discord if it were uncovered and offers some benefit to the liar or the hearer, or both. As a concept, it is largely defined by local custom and can not be clearly separated from regular lies with any authority. As such the term may have differing meanings in different cultures. Lies which are harmless but told for no reason are generally not called white lies.

In western countries, a white lie is typically taken to mean an untruth with an alleged justification such as to avoid upsetting a person, to encourage a person or just for harmless convenience. An example of a white lie is a nurse who reassures a disfigured patient that he looks healthy, or an aged husband who assures his wife that she looks just as good as when he married her. This kind of white lie is, in many instances, known to be an untruth by all involved parties, but overlooked out of diplomatic tact or politeness. For example, when two people collide in a crowded hallway and one falls down, he might tell the other that he's not hurt, even if he's hurt a little bit.
    They both are deception..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think the difference is in the intent.

If your wife asks u "do i look fat?" U answer "noooo, you are the ***iest thing on two legs" Your intention is to avoid trouble. So i guess that lie is a good lie hehe

But if your intent is to deceive... bad na yan

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    di ba ito ang sinasabi nila white and blue lie

ang pag sisinungaling na makakabuti sa situation

at

ang pag sisinungaling na pagmumulan ng gulo

*ladyrider mukhang dami problema tinatanong sa tsikot ngayon ..hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Kung Sa Kasamaan Gagamitin Masama Yun Pero Kung Para Sa Kabutihan Ok Lang Yun

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pag white lie, may basbas ng heaven.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    actually white lies are petty lies such as to cover one's ass from being scolded by his/her parents because of not doing an earlier task given to him/her so as not to spoil the day..not unlike the true lies, these type of lies are classified as big and may put someone in jeopardy.usually used to save your own ass.just my 1cent
    Last edited by VtEC; October 14th, 2007 at 02:02 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    actually white lies are petty lies such as to cover one's ass from being scolded by his/her parents because of not doing an earlier task given to him/her so as not to spoil the day..not unlike the true lies, these type of lies are classified as big and may put someone in jeopardy by saving your own ass by saying lies.just my 1cent
    i looked up the definition of

A true lie is when you dont tell your wife that you're a secret government agent.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    i looked up the definition of
    A true lie is when you dont tell your wife that you're a secret government agent.

i like that movie si gov arnold bida dyan he he he

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope theyre just one and the same no matter what. Its like both sides of the same coin.

Parang nandaya at nang gulang ka sa sport. Its still the same pinaganda mo lang.

If you ask me, is there any difference between stealing 1 million pesos and stealing a 1 peso coin? I say none.

Stealing will always be stealing and makes no difference.

PEro lahat naman tayo guilty of lying so dont condemn people.

Is there a difference between telling a lie & a white lie?