New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Federer again captured the Wimbledon this year. Pero medyo nahirapan sya kay Nadal, who captured the French Open title a month ago - against Federer. Galing nitong si Nadal sa clay.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nadal is leading against Federer sa head to head. i think its 6 games to 2 kasi he won wimbledon.5 sa clay and 1 sa hard surface i think it was in dubai. The last 4 loses of federer was against nadal.Ok manood sa wimbledon sa 1st and 2nd day kasi dami mo makikitang players.pati yong mga nagprapractice.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    [size=2]Most tennis greats are all praise to Federer's ability and accomplishments thus far. Similarly, i'm very impressed with Nadal’s determination though... his learning curve with grass is very steep but shows not much trouble with this last wimbledon row. IMO, give Nadal a year or two and he'll beat Federer in any given surface.[/size]

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkaboy
    i thought nga roddick will dominate tennis this year.

I enjoyed watching SAMPRAS, remember when he played the US OPEN, he was vomitting at the court and it was in the 5th set, he won pa the title.
    Now that was plain stupid on the part of Sampras' opponent when he had a stomach ache. That other guy could have slowed things down a bit, as a part of strategy, in order to win that particular match. Sampras could have gotten weaker and weaker and gave up. It's not that I'm condemning him, but if you have one of those lifetime chances to beat him, take advantage of the situation.

Anyway, Rafael Nadal could have gone for the Wimbledon title if only he served better. Federer had almost twice as much aces and unreturned serves, and this is where the outcome was determined. No one, including Nadal himself, expected him to do so well on grass just yet. I really love this Spaniard. He's about to take everything away from Federer, but the Swiss was still lucky to defend his crown on grass. However, this is a sign that there could be a new #1 player soon.

Lleyton Hewitt could have also been among the top today had he been not cursed with numerous injuries. In 2001 and 2002, he played perfect tennis, beating just about every great player, including Sampras. What Federer is now is what he was that time. And speaking of Roger, this Aussie was an equal before, if not even better. It's quite unfortunate for him to incur all those physical troubles that made him slip down the rankings, and having to lose to 2nd, even 3rd-rate players at that.

Factoring in wheels, Andy Roddick can be best described as a big V8 American muscle car. Lots of power, lots of torque and speed, it can outrun just about any car. But if it's disturbed with poor reliability, it gets completely destroyed. Andy is all about power, especially his serve, but if the pressure is put on him, he can easily be beaten.
    Last edited by squala; July 12th, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i followed wimbledon this year from round 1 to the finals (may advantages talaga working from home).

yeah, im rooting for nadal din. lets give him a year or two.
    pero si federer is really good. he only lost one set sa buong tournament, and that was against nadal sa finals.

sa women's naman, i was rooting for justine henin-hardenne. na-out kasi agad si hingis. kaso di ata kinaya ni justine yung mental stress... andami nya error sa finals.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Rooted Sharapova in women, she's very pretty and good but too much shrieks... also believe that she's disturbed by her own grunting. This reminds me of Monica Seles in her younger years... but those times opposing players do complain much.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige
    Rooted Sharapova in women, she's very pretty and good but too much shrieks... also believe that she's disturbed by her own grunting. This reminds me of Monica Seles in her younger years... but those times opposing players do complain much.
    Kala ko humahalinghing sya e...tennis pa lang yon a..ahihi.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i didn't read the whole thread and I used to play tennis for a good number of years, but with regards to Federer, he's what they call in tennis language as the complete player, can serve and volley and can hit it out at the baseline too, also a decent service game. He reminds me of Boris Becker when Boris was in his prime.

Federer is not a power player like Roddick or Nadal. Roddick will beat you with his booming serves while Nadal will beat you with his powerful ground strokes or heavy top spins. Federer is more of a control/placement player, he'll beat you with his consistency.

Roger is difficult to beat, but if Roddick can keep his head together during games like Sampras did during his heydays, Roddick will be a good match for Federer and Nadal.

Damn I miss playing tennis

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    achilles heel ni federer ang clay, just like sampras...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    O yeah, power player si Nadal sobra. He overwhelms Federer most of the time, kaya makikita mo takbo ng takbo si Federer from each side of the court. Probably the reason kung bakit nanalo sya sa clay court. But then, napaka-fluid ng movements ni Federer at sobrang consistent ang laro.

Pero muntik ng di makarating si Nadal sa semis dahil kay Kendrick. Muntik na ma-upset, buti na lang malakas resistensya ni Nadal :D

Roddick is another power player. I think he owns the fastest ace yata (146 mph ba?). Kaya lang, konting practice pa.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tennis