New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was only able to watch tennis the other day after a long time.

I was just surprised at how GOOD this Federer guy was...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Federer is damn good. Buti nga, naging stable na ang game nya. When he was starting out, erratic ang mga service nya at forehand returns. Pero, nag-mature yung bata kaya hayun, champion. Ang sayan si Marat Safin. Up to now, erratic yung game nya. Ang nami-miss ko na panoorin eh si Steffi Graf at si Martina Hingis.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Was only able to watch tennis the other day after a long time.

I was just surprised at how GOOD this Federer guy was...
    Yeah! at the rate he is playing right now, i think nobody can beat him, and for sure he'll stay at the no. 1 spot for a long time.

Sir mazda, are you into tennis? Ive been playing tennis for the last fifteen years, im a weekend player though. i play maximum of 2 sets every saturday and sunday.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    on a different level na si federer. imagine, maski yung mga closest rivals nya like hewitt and roddick ay dino-dominate nya. he has a 9-1 head-to-head record vs roddick. against hewitt he has won their last 8 matches. don't know their head-to-head standings though.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    * conzky, weekend player din ako. Pero mas late akong nag-simulang maglaro compared sa 'yo. 5-6 years pa lang ako nag-lalaro. It was my wife who convinced me to try the game out. She has been playing tennis since high school.

Pero for the past 8-12 months, dehins na ako gaano nakapaglaro due to work and other committments.

As for Hewitt, big serve, inconsistent overall game.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    tama ka dyan mazdamazda, if you watch a men's game 10 years ago compared to today's ladies' game, di mananalo ang lalaki noon sa babaeng tennis players ngayon. such speed and power!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I have to agree that Federer is really phenomenal.

The only problem is that he's becoming cocky (medyo naging mayabang na siya sa pananalita). I just hope he pulls his head back down from the clouds before it affects his game.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    federrer has an all court game which suits 3 out of the 4 grand slams

at that level its those who can win points because they have a net game backed up by backcourt game who has the advantage

at any time federrer can rely on his strokes to create an opening to come to the net to finish the point or put pressure on his opponents (he wins just as much points hitting winners from the baseline and from the net)

look at the breakdown of unforced erros in most of his matches and winners he makes,
    just the thought you're against someone who can hit outright winners, will put pressure on you to make better shot selection , ergo you're often reacting to his shots rather than dictating the pace so you can win points

then there's his serve
    anyone who's ever carried a racket will tell you that having a very good 1st serve you can use to come into the net or force the oponent to have an exceptional return of serve, has a very good chance of winning the point

skills wise at the moment he has no equal

the other thing that's often not mentioned is the mental part of his game

tennis is a game where you continously play 3-4 points to win one game
    you play a lot of battles to win the war
    momentums shifts on a single point and the level of concentration needed to play that one point and only that one point requires zen like mastery

Borg in his prime had a very low pulse rate, hence the tag "ice borg"- in the most pressured packed moments and during one interview commented that after games
    he would lie still in his hotel room just trying to recover from the mental battle

ultimately like any other one on one combat you're against the guy on the other side of the net and yourself

federrer has complete mastery of himself
    anyone across the net see that and feels that will just have to pray federrer has a very bad day or bumps into the umpires chair

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think safin is the only one who can beat federer, i dont even like hewitt..masyado mayabang..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i thought nga roddick will dominate tennis this year.

I enjoyed watching SAMPRAS, remember when he played the US OPEN, he was vomitting at the court and it was in the 5th set, he won pa the title.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Tennis