New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ... of the American Idol classroom. Love it or hate it, Anwar Robinson has been axed today. The friendly, braided, well-groomed maestro from New Jersey didn't have the votes to match his unquestioned singing prowess. First, the tsunamis, then the passing of our beloved Pope, now this; how bad is it gonna be in the future?

The only extraordinary singer is out. What's worse, he was shown the door before the long-staying fatboy, the Russian shortie, one of the girls and any of the rockers. I expected at least a Top 3 finish for him, but sorry to say, discrimination overpowered the true meaning of the term idol. If you're both black and Muslim (or at least your name is), don't even think about winning.
    Last edited by squala; April 21st, 2005 at 11:50 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I don't think it's just singing prowess that's involved. So don't jump to conclusions about being a bigot or racist.

I saw his performance and it simply didn't appeal to me. He had less stage presence and his choice of song was not as interactive as the others. If I were voting I too would place him in the bottom three and that's not because he's black. Maybe other people saw what I saw...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i don't like the chubby guy. pero ako chubby

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho di dapat matanggal si anwar...at si miko(sp?)...isa na lang ang black na natitira sa mga contestants...

fantasia is also a black person pero nag champion naman siya sa mga nakaraang batch...'ika nga,"weder weder lang iyan"

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i dont think naging racist or sumthing, it was just not meant for him, american idol isnt just 100% about singing prowess, u have to look the part too. maybe he came short on that one

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    can't believe the fat boy is still there...

sometimes the underdog mentality of the americans is so.. (or maybe sooo many americans identify with the fat boy so they voted for him.. parang twisted sympathy vote)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    fatboy na sagwa ang mukha,

nun elimanations palang assh0le na yun, remember yung team performance? yung mga contestants were group into three? alam nya magaling bosses nya, kaya iniwan nya yung dalawang groupmates na habang sila nag prapractice. bumalik na sya nun umaga na, at bad trip na bad trip yung groupmates nya. kasi di nila alam ano gagawin nila kasi nga group performance yun.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ok yung kanyang positive attitude na "he rocks" pero medyo overdone. parang compensating for all the schoolyard bullies who made his life miserable.

2 out of the 3 winners of American Idol are Women... so does that mean the voters are ***ist? I don't think its all about the singing, its the stage presence, its the connection with the audience... so don't conclude about the racism part. Weather weather lang talaga yan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yan ung masama sa AI; ang laking factor ng fan votes, kaya the best singer might not always win. Tignan mo lang last year, ung redhead -- and, prangkahan lang, si jasmine. a lot of people felt na saved by fan votes lang si jasmine trias. pero i guess part of being an "idol" is the ability to draw fans, so...la eh, ganun talaga B)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Teacher gets sent out...