New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hello guys just need more info, opinions, thoughts on this, is a tax declaration of real property enough proof that your are the owner of a certain lot/land?

If you are familiar with a tax declaration at the lower portion of it there is a Memoranda then it says” Mort for PhP 50,000 Rural Bank of Batangas as per instrument executed by<my ate’s name> on june 20, 1987” What does this portion mean?

By the way the document is on my ate’s name.

How does it differs from a title? And how can she get a title? What are the necessary requirements and what branch of government is doin this stuff?

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Titles can be secured at the local Register of Deeds. AFAIK, Titles are the only proof of ownership of land/real property.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    afaik you need to check first the lot if it has a title from the register of deeds. if no title was given to that parcel of land, you could try to register using the old torrens system. Try to consult a lawyer din

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    old torrens? what's that po?

how bout this?

If you are familiar with a tax declaration at the lower portion of it there is a Memoranda then it says” Mort for PhP 50,000 Rural Bank of Batangas as per instrument executed by<my ate’s name> on june 20, 1987” What does this portion mean?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I strongly suggest you consult a lawyer for that since mejo technical na yan, para nasa safe side ka.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by step22 View Post
    old torrens? what's that po?

how bout this?

My interpretation on this would be that the parcel of land is mortgaged or used as a collateral. Check the registry of deeds. malamang may title yan na namisplaced or nasunog. verify also with the bank. baka napalitan na yun ownership kung inilit ng bangko. kung naka-mortgage pa rin yan malamang may nakalagay na encumbered yun title.

what i know about torrens system is yun old titles yata or pre war titles. im not sure about the procedures. usually eto yun mga ancestral lands na namana sa ninuno. there was a time na inayos ang titling system ng lupa. better consult a lawyer para mas maayos na interpretation.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks sa mga suggestions nyo but we before namin ayusin we want to know what to do para hindi kami tatanga-tanga. wala kasi kami alam pag dating dyan.

btw the mort was 1987 pa pero the tax declaration papers was issued 2005 still under my ate's name sa owner. so tapos na kaya yun? pero bakit naka note pa don?

hindi pwde ako nalang personally magayos? baka kasi mahal fee sa abogado.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    kung naka note yan, malamang meron pa rin nakalagay na encumbered sa title sa registry of deeds. wala ba kayo hawak na titulo? kung wala, malamang nasa bangko yan titulo ng lupa. malamang hindi pa tapos ang mortgage nyan. check nyo with the bank. kung tapos na, hingin nyo yun necessary papers. alam ko meron pa dapat notarized document yan from the bank certifying na wala na encumbrance na kelangan bayaran, then saka nyo pa lang mapapa-ayos yun title sa registry of deeds. Yun bangko ang kelangan nyo kausapin dyan

Tax Declaration and Land Title