New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hi, anyone of you have an idea on what's the passing score for hydrocarbons ppm (HC ppm) in other countries? I googled around and their standards are quite high. The reason why I said this is because some cars got a an HC ppm score of 110 while I on the other hand got a score of 364 (btw, I'm not sure if it's also being measured here as HC ppm hehehe.. inakala ko lang kasi nasa hundreds ang bilang... Some "googled" tests ay nakalagay 1.x to 2.x so mababang number so I thought if it's in the hundreds ay parehas na ginagamit dito sa Pinas so just correct me if I'm wrong if hydrocarbons here are being measured as "HC ppm")

Btw, the 364 score that I got again (for HC only) is a passing one though I'm not sure if I'm going to live for example in California if that score would be consider as passing.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a fail in Cali. From what I remember, the HC ppm limit in the US is around 300 ppm... but for newer cars, it's lower, around 200 ppm at idle.

My car is at 330ppm, which is a fail in the US, but that's because I have racing cams and no cat. If I put back the cat, I could probably pass in the US.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Oo nga eh, paano ba pababain pa lalo yang score na yan? The vios is not available in the US but somehow it is through the car named Echo or Yaris. Paano pumapasa iyong mga vehicles doon na ganun ang score? Does it have something to do with the weather? Quality of gasoline?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Oo nga eh, paano ba pababain pa lalo yang score na yan? The vios is not available in the US but somehow it is through the car named Echo or Yaris. Paano pumapasa iyong mga vehicles doon na ganun ang score? Does it have something to do with the weather? Quality of gasoline?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Might be your car was cold at the time of the test, or maybe your MAF is dirty.

For a stock car with a stock exhaust, emissions shouldn't be so high, not unless the catalytic converters have been destroyed by bad gasoline.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Tailpipe emissions scenario here and in other countries.