New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Forgive me. I will just rant.

Gustong mag-taas ng piso sa pasahe ang mga bus at jeep operators.

Ok, I don't mind that, if they keep their vehicles in good shape - brake lights and turn signals working, tires and brakes working, etc. In other words, well maintained.

I don't mind, as long as the vehicles are no longer smoke belchers.

I don't mind. As long as the seats on the bus are not cramped (as in designed for children and people under 5 ft.).

I don't mind, as long as the drivers are not wreckless and are mindful of the traffic rules, passengers and other motorists.

I don't mind, if some of the money goes to purchasing newer and more environment-friendly vehicles.

No offense sa mga operator ng bus at jeepney. I hope they're not just out to make money, but also to help commuters and the drivers, and the environment. Of course there's nothing wrong with making money. Everyone wants to do that. But if they're just concerned with maintaining their BMWs and buying more Rolexes instead of improving the business, well...

On the other hand, if you compute 1 peso additional per passenger, just because tumaas ng piso ang gasolina, hindi naman per passenger ang konsumo ng diesel di ba? Baka naman sobra ang piso...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im sure puro "protesta na naman ang kasunod nyan"

ano pang aasahan di abala sa mga motorist na tulad nyo ( di na ko kasama pedicab lang kasi dala ko)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tradisyon na ng mga drivers/operators ang magpapansin tuwing may oil price hike.
    sa school openning, expect naman the radical students to hold rallies regarding tuition fees.
    paulit-ulit lang yan, taon-taon.

election fever is over, kaya may go signal na sa mga oil companies to raise their prices.
    back to normal ulit ang buhay natin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok ah Pinoy cycle of Life...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, its okay to give jeepney drivers the P1 fare hike. Mga tsong, hirap sa buhay ang mga yan and i have to admit, they do deserve it. Kelan pa ba P4 yung pasahe.

Ang ayoko ay yung bigyan ng increase yung mga Lecheng tricyle. Harang masyado presyo!!! In my area, you have to pay P8 to get somewhere.

Besides, the tricycle populations NEEDS to be curbed!!! ever noticed that there's just too many of them?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Pajerokid: agree, some areas do have so many tricycles. Sa Pasay naman ang dami kasi marami ding side streets hindi kasya ang regular na sasakyan na two lanes.

I hope too that if there is an increase, it will benefit the drivers equally if not more than the operators. Baka naman taasan din ang boundary (tama ba spelling?).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    a transport fare hike is certainly justified... the last one occurred sometime 2000 and we have had countless oil price hikes since then... bus, jeepney, taxi and tricycle drivers also have to earn a living...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by turk182
    a transport fare hike is certainly justified... the last one occurred sometime 2000 and we have had countless oil price hikes since then... bus, jeepney, taxi and tricycle drivers also have to earn a living...
    but did they lower their prices when the oil companies rolled back their prices? NOPE

do their organizations try to optimize the route by having a strict schedule to adhere to on the number of jeeps that should be out at a given time? NOPE, although this would mean a big drop in their overhead.

do they practice optimal driving techniques like minimizing jack rabbit starts, sudden stops, etc? NOPE

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    but did they lower their prices when the oil companies rolled back their prices? NOPE
    hmm... as i remember, diesel was around P12-P13/li. in 2000... now, it's P18.95/li.... go figure...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pajerokid

Ang ayoko ay yung bigyan ng increase yung mga Lecheng tricyle. Harang masyado presyo!!! In my area, you have to pay P8 to get somewhere.

Besides, the tricycle populations NEEDS to be curbed!!! ever noticed that there's just too many of them?
    and pedicabs... wala naman problema baka sabihin hirap na nga sila sa buhay, sana lang nga with jurisdiction...

pag sinabing highway, main road..dapat wala kang makikitang pedicab/ tricycle...yung iba nasa gitna pa.:mad:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Taas pasahe sa public transport