New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    ang observation ko sa mga parents dito (ewan ko sa PI) is they put their kids in private schools from pre-school to highschool, pero when it's time to go to college, the kids end up in community colleges. this never made sense to me. i would have saved up the money for a quality college education instead. can someone please enlighten me with the reasons why they do this?
    i see their point... they want a good foundation for their kids... bad habits die hard... prevent "bad habits" (not literal bad habits) para kahit sa huli kahit isabak sa hindi private, oks lang kasi disciplined na...

although i see their point, for me it still doesnt make sense... hehehehe

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT
    ang observation ko sa mga parents dito (ewan ko sa PI) is they put their kids in private schools from pre-school to highschool, pero when it's time to go to college, the kids end up in community colleges. this never made sense to me. i would have saved up the money for a quality college education instead. can someone please enlighten me with the reasons why they do this?
    FXT, you Know how it is here. Once they turn 18, you're on your own. some of them end up in community colleges because they have to pay their own tuition. self-supporting na sila. that's why you see them working and going to school at the same time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    FXT, you Know how it is here. Once they turn 18, you're on your own. some of them end up in community colleges because they have to pay their own tuition. self-supporting na sila. that's why you see them working and going to school at the same time.

yep,.thats how i see it also here in canada. actually, yung mga bata nga rin ang may gusto..kasi sila pag nakatikim ng pera dito gusto na humiwalay..ayan tuloy. yung perang kinikita nila is enough lang to support them sa college

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    maganda sana kung ang gobyerno ng Pilipinas ang may programa kagaya ng ibang bansa na pwede mong utangin ang pang bayad sa tuition fees at bayaran mo na lang pagkatapos mong mag aral.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang mandate ng consti natin ay priority ang edukasyon sa budget and not military or anything else (pork barrel)....kaso hindi sinusunod ang consti...tapos gusto nila palitan kasi hindi raw "up to date"....pero kung susundin lang ito, we have all the laws na to run our country properly....kupal lang talaga ang namamalakad.

anyway, I would recommend puting your kids in a public school and supporting their learning at home....there is this na "SPED" or special education group that also caters to the fast learners and gifted kids....pero the SUPPORT AT HOME is still very important.

most parents would rant about the school but they wouldn't rant about themselves not helping their kids at their school works. hindi lang naman sa classroom confined ang edukasyon di ba.

kung nagtitipid ka, you can always go "home-schooling" and almost cut the cost to 1/4th or half na lang. the modules are deped accredited and the kids tend to work more honestly. social development may be hampered ng kaunti pero it could be remedied naman.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    grades 3 to 6 puros memorizing lang yan eh. that is not learning. memorizing of facts, dates, history, terms etc ... sayang!
    hindi ba learning yung malaman mo ang history? how the world came to be? sa math, hindi naman puro memorization, during these years, you learn how to solve more complex mathematical problems. very important ang mga years na yan to setup the basic foundations of every field in your child.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    i see their point... they want a good foundation for their kids... bad habits die hard... prevent "bad habits" (not literal bad habits) para kahit sa huli kahit isabak sa hindi private, oks lang kasi disciplined na...

although i see their point, for me it still doesnt make sense... hehehehe
    you have a point there. that's exactly what our pastor did with his kids, pero not all the way to high school. pre-school and elementary school lang nag-private school yung mga anak nya, to set good foundations and good studying habits, as you said. sa middle school and high school, they all went to public schools, albeit very good ones. ang reasoning nya, you can't shelter your kids from the world. as long as you've set the foundation and the parents continue their job at home, they'll be okay. and in doing so, they were able to save enough money to send their kids to quality colleges. they're not rich either, just your average, hard-working, middle-class family.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well nasa bata din kasi yan....i have 2 cousins, isa sa ateneo at yung isa sa UPLB...and guess what...galing sila pareho sa isang public school sa probinsya...and they are both scholar nung college, yung nasa ateneo malapit na maging doctor......yung tita ko na nanay nila ay isang ordinaryong empleyado lang...

public or private..parang pareho lang....nasa bata yan...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee
    maganda sana kung ang gobyerno ng Pilipinas ang may programa kagaya ng ibang bansa na pwede mong utangin ang pang bayad sa tuition fees at bayaran mo na lang pagkatapos mong mag aral.
    merong study now pay later scheme ang CHED. ang problema ay hindi nagbabayad ang maraming estudyante kapag nakapagtapos na sila.

meron rin scholarship fund ang CHED para sa science / non-maintream courses. ang problema, yung ibang estudyante... kukuha ng scholarship at mag enroll sa science course... tapos pagkatapos ng ilang sem biglang mag shift sa mainstream course. yung ilang eskuwelahan naman, ginagawang gatasan ito - mag susubmit ng fake papers or mag claim ng subsidy kahit wala na yung estudyante.

===

another problem with the Philippines, especially with tertiary education, most Filipinos "feel" that our public schools / colleges / universities are a POS (except for UP).

when in fact... especially in science / technical / vocational courses... state U / college studes are doing pretty well. instead of enrolling in La Salle or Ateneo... why not enroll in BSU, CLSU & MSU?

another problem... many students jump in the bandwagon of mainstream course offerings (like masscom, commerce, buss admin, etc.).

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    another problem with the Philippines, especially with tertiary education, most Filipinos "feel" that our public schools / colleges / universities are a POS (except for UP).

when in fact... especially in science / technical / vocational courses... state U / college studes are doing pretty well. instead of enrolling in La Salle or Ateneo... why not enroll in BSU, CLSU & MSU?

another problem... many students jump in the bandwagon of mainstream course offerings (like masscom, commerce, buss admin, etc.).
    Tell that to the employer. Hehehe.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
taas na nang halaga nang edukasyon ngayon!!!