New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Anong swimming short & goggle brands na bang for the buck? Pwede din unbranded. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    Anong swimming short & goggle brands na bang for the buck? Pwede din unbranded. TIA
    board shorts ba bro? pili ka na lang kung sino cheapest sa mga branded. marami dyan mga generic pero baka madali mapunit ang tela or seams nila.
    goggles; speedo pa rin imho.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    If you're going to the beach, you may also want to buy a rashguard with UV protection. i've never gone swimming without it ever since na dikya ako. Saves you a lot of sunblock too.
    It also tightens up your torso so you lok leaner than you really are, parang girdle ^_^

Re goggles: please note that these tend to restrict your vision under water. afaik these are used for competition, where you don't exactly need peripheral vision. i bought a Mares mask a few years ago, these come with silicon straps these days, much easier on the head. Meron namang hindi gaanong bulky.

imho don't need to buy speedo for board shorts, any local brands will do: SnS, Maui & Sons, AllStar. i like that they are a bit tighter around the thighs, less chance of anything swimming up there
    Last edited by badkuk; January 25th, 2016 at 02:03 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Op

too short

OP

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    May reef branch sa eastwood, laging naka sale yun kasi parang outlet. Dun ako naka bili ng slippers na mejo makapal at maporma (hindi flip flops). Legit swim wear yang reef.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    double post
    Last edited by kimbon; January 25th, 2016 at 05:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by benchman View Post
    board shorts ba bro? pili ka na lang kung sino cheapest sa mga branded. marami dyan mga generic pero baka madali mapunit ang tela or seams nila.
    goggles; speedo pa rin imho.
    yup board shorts. yan nga din ang concern ko kung generic tapos madaling mapunit. I'm willing to pay more naman basta sulit ang price pero hwag lang sobrang mahal.

Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    If you're going to the beach, you may also want to buy a rashguard with UV protection. i've never gone swimming without it ever since na dikya ako. Saves you a lot of sunblock too.
    It also tightens up your torso so you lok leaner than you really are, parang girdle imho don't need to buy speedo for board shorts, any local brands will do: SnS, Maui & Sons, AllStar. i like that they are a bit tighter around the thighs, less chance of anything swimming up there
    I only go to the beach once a year so most of the time I use it sa pool lang. I have not heard the local brands SnS & AllStar for swimwear. how's the quality so far? is it good enough to use it frequently?

Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    May reef branch sa eastwood, laging naka sale yun kasi parang outlet. Dun ako naka bili ng slippers na mejo makapal at maporma (hindi flip flops). Legit swim wear yang reef.
    Will also check the reef brand. may branch din ba sila sa Megamall, Market market or Aura?

Thanks in Advance

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    I only go to the beach once a year so most of the time I use it sa pool lang. I have not heard the local brands SnS & AllStar for swimwear. how's the quality so far? is it good enough to use it frequently?

Yeah, a rashguard may be overkill for the pool, same with the diving mask...although mas makikita mo ng malinaw yung nasa ilalim ng tubig :naughty2:

Truth is, i haven't gone to the beach as much as i'd like. OK naman yung SnS, tho the brand is virtually unknown. OK naman siya, material and stitching are solid. All Star is actually more on athletic wear, not much on swimwear. Both can be found in SM dept stores.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I would recommend buying the most you could afford when it comes to swimwear

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    here's the pair i bought a few years back, SnS. Sa Robinsons pala not SM.

sns-board-short.jpg

The pocket zipper got ripped, but iirc napunit siya while washing/hanging to dry:

sns-board-short-pocket.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast