New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What is a good brand for ceiling type aircon these days? Panasonic, Carrier, Koppel, Kolin? Need 5-6 tons 3-phase ceiling mounted aircon. We are going to replace Panasonic 15 year old 5 ton ceiling type aircons. Currently have 6 units, intend to replace 2-3 initially. Carrier is the more expensive one, Koppel seems to have quality issues a decade ago, how is it doing now? Panasonic is in between. No idea on Kolin quality or pricing. Please give suggestions. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    What is a good brand for ceiling type aircon these days? Panasonic, Carrier, Koppel, Kolin? Need 5-6 tons 3-phase ceiling mounted aircon. We are going to replace Panasonic 15 year old 5 ton ceiling type aircons. Currently have 6 units, intend to replace 2-3 initially. Carrier is the more expensive one, Koppel seems to have quality issues a decade ago, how is it doing now? Panasonic is in between. No idea on Kolin quality or pricing. Please give suggestions. Thank you.
    I'd consider Panasonic and Carrier. Don't even think of LG (these are the old units we had a the office and they were really terrible.

We started using Koppel now in the office but these are all less than a year old so i cannot comment yet on the longevity but my overall impression of Koppel is that they're okay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sir, please note that it is equally important to know how efficitent is the after sales serivce of each vendor.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    La pong idea sa commercial grade appliance, but we've been quite happy with Panasonic and Carrier.

What i can say with confidence is, hindi maganda yung Idec na brand. i have this notion what when it comes to air conditioning, it's best to get the one that were built here, since kabisado ng manufacturer yung environment natin.

Eto po ba yung square na nakaembed sa ceiling? Di po kaya mahirap iservice pag me sira?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Go with Carrier or Panasonic

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    York.

I replaced my window type AC's (3) sa bahay recently with split type York's (1 hp each). So far, so good, no quality issues

Re: Price ... it should be cheaper than Carrier, but more expensive than the others.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    York.

I replaced my window type AC's (3) sa bahay recently with split type York's (1 hp each). So far, so good, no quality issues

Re: Price ... it should be cheaper than Carrier, but more expensive than the others.
    Re. York, I remember the store pushing this to me before. They were pointing out the A/C compressor and stuff was not China (?).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    La pong idea sa commercial grade appliance, but we've been quite happy with Panasonic and Carrier.

What i can say with confidence is, hindi maganda yung Idec na brand. i have this notion what when it comes to air conditioning, it's best to get the one that were built here, since kabisado ng manufacturer yung environment natin.

Eto po ba yung square na nakaembed sa ceiling? Di po kaya mahirap iservice pag me sira?
    That's the cassette type sir. My only concern with cassette type is that it easily gets clog and leak.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Re. York, I remember the store pushing this to me before. They were pointing out the A/C compressor and stuff was not China (?).
    I got York because its a very reputable brand in heavy duty cooling, even way back pa. Remember those piston type compressors in old school cars? Those were US made York compressors.

Another brand worthy of mention in heavy duty cooling is Daikin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Good insight on that.

York isn't too popular a brand locally though..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Suggest 5 ton ceiling aircon for commercial use?