New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Nails, screws and irregular pieces of sharp metal, are common-enough objects found embedded in your flat tires.
    But what are the strangest objects that you have experienced, that caused your tire to go flat?

let me start:
    a one peso coin. along edsa.
    needless to say, the hole was so long, the tire was judged as too dangerous to patch and re-use.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Double A battery cover from a toy

3. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    During the 3+ years ownership of our 1st car, wala pa naman flat tire. Closest is slow leak pa lang. Nung nakita eh isang screw ang salarin. Ngayon mukhang yung isa naman ang may slow leak. While the other 3 tires lose 1-2 psi a week, yung isa eh 7-8 psi ang dinadrop.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    parker pen refill, bakal parin

tpms sensor na wala rubber grommet. kaya never na talaga ako nagpatulong sa gasboy mag pahangin

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    a blunt 10 or 12mm dia 1" long bolt completely embedded on the left rear tire.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a one peso coin.
    Same here, somewhere in Tarlac a long time ago on my old mazda 323,. Tapon gulong din. Pumasok pa yung coin sa loob.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Back when I had my Nissan Pulsar NX, I purposely ran over beer bottles and crushing them. I didn't think the glass could penetrate the tire rubber. Was I wrong. The first 3 bottles I ran over went without a problem. But, on the 4th one, a glass shard did penetrate. Luckily, spare tires back then were full-sized ones.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    motorcycle key w/ carabiner

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A rogue maverick jagged piece of a street (construction) cover.

OT:
    It was a good thing that my oem tpms warned me of a deflating tyre as I was finding a vacant spot in a parking lot of a hospital on a Saturday night.

Else I would have discovered the issue near midnight when I will be rushing to pick up one of our kids, or if the tyre was still not totally deflated, it could have dislodged itself leaving me on the road with a flat tyre (the cut was nasty)...

Anyway, all establishments in a popular motorshop road already closed. Luckily, there was an angel in one of the gasoline stations. He received a generous tip...

A tpms convert after that...

Aal Izz Well!😉😍

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast