New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung konti lang ang magiging difference ng PAL sa CebuPac, sa PAL na ako. Mas convenient, bigger planes, and meron pang meals onboard.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    boybi; dagdag mo pa centenial airport ka lalo na kung paalis ka manila. masyado crowded ang domestic airport.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    boybi; dagdag mo pa centenial airport ka lalo na kung paalis ka manila. masyado crowded ang domestic airport.
    Yup, kaya ko nasabing mas convenient dahil may sariling terminal ang PAL.

Also, CebuPac is not always cheaper than PAL. Last December, 11K ang ticket ng RT ticket ng CebuPac, while sa PAL e 9K lang.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Boybi, r u sure na may meals pa rin onboard after they drop their plane fares drastically to compete with cebupac?

WBR,

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    boybi; pansin ko lang mas mura PAL(both advance booking) kaysa Cebu P. Mla-Cebu. di pa ko nakasakay ng CP ng manila cebu. pero mla-bacolod, cebu p. always. laki kamurahan.
    innova boy; 3x ko punta ng cebu with PAL this year me meals lahat. pang int'l pa yung plane. i think connectng flights sya from Japan.(3pm flight)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    Boybi, r u sure na may meals pa rin onboard after they drop their plane fares drastically to compete with cebupac?

WBR,
    The last time I flew with PAL (Dec 31-Jan 3 '07), meron pang meals.

Yung sa CebuPac nga, pati yung Drewberry and C2, hindi na free.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    This will depend on whether you spend a lot AND travel a lot.

If you both at the same time, then you can spend to accumulate the miles and then use them for your travels.

But if you don't do either or then it's not worth it.

Hope I was able to help

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    The last time I flew with PAL (Dec 31-Jan 3 '07), meron pang meals.

Yung sa CebuPac nga, pati yung Drewberry and C2, hindi na free.
    yung meals ng PAL diba yung packed biscuits tsaka choice of drinks? at least, that is what they feed me when i went to cebu last march.

yung cebupac, medyo matagal na akong di nakakasakay sa kanila, pero the last time, i remember that their packed meals are meals from jollibee.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ceb pac flights have nothing. No newspapers, no free drinks or food. A drink is P50, a sandwich P100. Applies to both domestic and international flights. The new airbus 319 seat configuration of Ceb Pac is super sikip for tall people. That's what you get for getting cheap flights. No frills. Unfortunately, Airphil is now like that. Though they still have limited newspapers. They rely on the inseat magazine.

PAL still provides biscuits and drinks and different newspapers, and leg room is good, though not consistent depending on the plane. Yung HSBC, those points are still useful, kasi nga free. But in my case, I would rather use the points to buy something else rather than free flights.

It helps to be a premiere elite mabuhay holder kasi byahe ako ng byahe sa mabuhay lounge access, pero natigil na yung tie-up ng air phil tsaka pal effective October 1, kaya mas mahirap na makuha yung requirement nila to be that. Without that privilege, I will go for the cheapest fare, be it Cebu Pac, maski masikip, anyways, I can eat before the flight rather than expect those freebies on board. Kung may free tickets from your credit card points, ok na rin yan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    yung meals ng PAL diba yung packed biscuits tsaka choice of drinks? at least, that is what they feed me when i went to cebu last march.

yung cebupac, medyo matagal na akong di nakakasakay sa kanila, pero the last time, i remember that their packed meals are meals from jollibee.
    I haven't flew with PAL in domestic flights for a very long time already so I don't know their freebies on those flights. But for international flights, they still provide regular meals (chicken/fish/pork/beef).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Is it still worthwhile to continue using HSBC mabuhay miles card?