New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pag sa labas nag-aaral,- napupunta lang sa kuwentuhan...

13.9K:mop:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang old school ko din pala. I still got through college by studying (and sleeping) in the library. I would only go to Starbucks (which was a rare occasion) to check out the cuties or kung may nag-aya na cutie (si Otep, bumibisita pa sa amin dati paminsan-minsan :D).

Those comments on image consciousness reminds me of my former officemate who's into those MLM thingees. Walang ginawa kundi mag-post ng new car ng kasama, new gadgets, gimmik, etc... Oh well, whatever floats their boat. People will always aspire for something, that's how brands are made or broken, and products are sold or get old.

*Niky, McDo Katipunan is a classic. It was the converging place of your Ateneo, UP, and Miriam students. Dun ako nasita ni Ai Ai de las Alas for parking on the handicapped slot back in college (Malabo kasi yung marking nun).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never had that problem. When I was in UPD, I stayed at a relative's house in Project 2. Fifteen minute walk to McDo, thirty minute walk to UPD, so I usually walked instead of commuting. Didn't bring a car to school with me because there was no safe place to park.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sa AdMU yan?

Dyan nga tambayan ngmga naka-dorm na kunwari may gagawing assignemt or projects tapos naka-pantulog na lang.
    Hehehe... Sarap tumambay doon sa gabi... lots of funny things to see.

I still remember this American med student... old guy... who kept going there with a zillion books, highlighters and pencils. He even had one of those tabletop pencil sharpeners that he would screw to the edge of the table.

-

Us, we would take the study group route. Stay at someone's dorm (usually a guys' dorm, because the girls' dorms were strict) and study all night.

Then play basketball at 4am when we were fried. Ever see girls play basketball in their pajamas while half asleep?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    as a student, i studied in the dorm. couldn't afford even the mcdo

nakow, pag na implement ng starbucks yan, paano na yung opisina ko dyan, hehehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nung estudyante ako di pa uso starbucks...sa Dining table ako nag aaral sa gabi before an exam pag tulog na lahat Tapos Coke ang panulak at spanish bread na tig piso..Yun nga lang pag may nakalusot na flying ipis, pack up na

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Little known fact that there's such a thing called Coffee Shop Etiquette. One of its rules say that if you will be camping at one for an extended period of time, you should, at least, buy a certain amount of drinks so that shop doesn't lose money on the space you are occupying and/or the electricity you are consuming. Of course, they can be a bit lax on the space part when there aren't many patrons around.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Never had that problem. When I was in UPD, I stayed at a relative's house in Project 2. Fifteen minute walk to McDo, thirty minute walk to UPD, so I usually walked instead of commuting. Didn't bring a car to school with me because there was no safe place to park.

Hehehe... Sarap tumambay doon sa gabi... lots of funny things to see.

I still remember this American med student... old guy... who kept going there with a zillion books, highlighters and pencils. He even had one of those tabletop pencil sharpeners that he would screw to the edge of the table.

-

Us, we would take the study group route. Stay at someone's dorm (usually a guys' dorm, because the girls' dorms were strict) and study all night.

Then play basketball at 4am when we were fried. Ever see girls play basketball in their pajamas while half asleep?
    Baka Sir Niky ibang basketball na yan ha.

Sabi nga nila, sa umaga pinakamatigas ang ano... :naughty:
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Little known fact that there's such a thing called Coffee Shop Etiquette. One of its rules say that if you will be camping at one for an extended period of time, you should, at least, buy a certain amount of drinks so that shop doesn't lose money on the space you are occupying and/or the electricity you are consuming. Of course, they can be a bit lax on the space part when there aren't many patrons around.

but there's also such a thing called "getting your money's worth"

you try your best to make the coffee shop lose money by buying just 1 coffee and sitting there all day

hehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I got through school without setting foot inside a cafe or such... di pa uso nun. But when I study for a certification exam for work, I really find it more conducive to do it in any cafe... Starbucks, SBC, Bo's, Figaro, etc. The ambient noise and chatter I can bear, wag lang yung mga rowdy folks na puro tawanan. Sa office kasi, maya-maya may lalapit. Sa bahay naman, andyan ang TV, wife at mga anak.

I guess that anonymity helps. I don't know anybody and nobody knows me. It's as good as being alone. The longest I've stayed in Starbucks was roughly 3 hrs... Two Venti fraps and a Florida's Best OJ. I sweat sugar when I leave. And oh, that only happened twice and two years apart.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

*visualizing* :D

Seems that the girl's dorms are always strict. Even in AdMU, the gals could go into the guy's dorms for projects, etc. but not the other way around.

If Starbucks wants to get rid of those lounging about then they can do a fastfood style of making seats uncomfortable, bright lighting, then play Love Radio or Yes FM at blaring levels all day long. hehe

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Starbucks students, laptop loungers: Your days are numbered