New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="2"]Earlier this afternoon, I spotted a couple of the Bonifacio Security guards (deputized to be traffic duty I think) on speed trap duty.

One was holding a gun like device aimed at the oncoming cars while the second one was talking to the driver of a car he had flagged down earlier. They were located just a few dozen meters after turning right from McKinley Rd (towards Blue Leaf, etc).

I am not sure if they were just small scale "testing" for something bigger & wider to be implemented later.[/SIZE]

Just a warning. Don't be complacent simply because you don't drive "fast" that you won't be flagged down and ticketed for speeding. Check for max speed signs because I spotted one saying "40kph max speed".

I might be using my radar detector a bit more often for the next couple of weeks just to see if "something" is up.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 13th, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks for the reminder GH.

Speed limit is 40kph only? Pero no choice, follow the rules.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Thanks for the reminder GH.

Speed limit is 40kph only? Pero no choice, follow the rules.
    Not sure if the 40kph is for the entire area or just that specific section of road I was on. I will check the next time (sometime this week) I will drive through the area (with my radar detector).

Honestly, I normally drive through the area's main roads typically at 60 to 80 kph if traffic is light (which is usually all the time).

SPEED-TRAP at Bonifacio Global City