New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Magandang araw sa inyo. dati palang at ngayong college ginagamit kong pangalan ay "Chris Jay Paul" but on my birth cert, nakasulat "Chris Jaypaul" mag kaka problema po ba ko sa pagkuha ng passport ? ano po ba pwede gawin ? Salamat po

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AlavaCj View Post
    Magandang araw sa inyo. dati palang at ngayong college ginagamit kong pangalan ay "Chris Jay Paul" but on my birth cert, nakasulat "Chris Jaypaul" mag kaka problema po ba ko sa pagkuha ng passport ? ano po ba pwede gawin ? Salamat po
    regardless of how you may want your name should be spelled as, the one on your birth certificate is what your passport name will be based on. you can write down this name on your application for passport, or...
    consult a lawyer if you wish to have your birth certificate name "corrected". medyo mabusisi ang mga condiciones...
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Go to your civil registrar para ma correct. Mas madali na daw ang procedure niyan ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by AlavaCj View Post
    ito yung sinasabi na "innocuous errors" in the birth certificate.

in a case like this, you DON'T need to go to court and file a petition for correction of entry in your birth certificate.

what you need to do is to go to the local civil registrar (LCR) where your birth was recorded and ask for its correction.

IF you're living in a place other than the place where your birth was registered, go to the LCR of that place and file a petition for the correction of your birth certificate. the LCR of the place where you are living will be the one to coordinate with the LCR of the place where your birth was registered para ma-corrected yung birth certificate mo. saka may porma na ang LCR sa petition. all you need to do is sign and pay some fees (di ko alam how much).

in all instances, the LCR will be the one to submit your corrected records to the philippine statistics authority (NSO before) para ma - corrected then yung records nila.

i have personally experienced this problem before AND kasama sa trabaho natin ito.