New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    nakakafrustrate nga tlga kng papansinin mo pa tlga...
    just goes to show how much the "general public" lack discipline and courtesy.

si missus minsan pinapagalitan ako pg nsa mall kami kse mahilig ako mag mock ng mga taong naniningit sa pila o kaya yng mga nangbabangga tpos hindi man lng nag aapologize. baka dw kse mapaaway p kmi
    minsan sinasabihan ko n lng ng "pangit" habang kunyari inaasar ko si missus tpos pagtatawanan n lng namin sila

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I had a somewhat similar experience a few years back.

This was at a pizza place along the walkway coming from Park Square 1 into Glorietta.

The place was full and we asked the staff to reserve a table for us which they said would be ready in about 15 to 20 minutes. We then decided to walk around a bit in order to kill time since it was really crowded there in the resto.

We went back, we saw that the only reserved table there already had a woman sitting there. When we asked the staff where our table was, they referred us to the table with the woman.

We informed the woman that she was at our table and she basically ignored us texting away at her mobile.

After a few more repetitions of the claim to the table, she looks up annoyed and says that she's waiting for her pizza. I complain to the staff about it and they speak to the woman. It was only then that she moved but not after looking at us with dagger stares and a holier than thou air about her.

So we were finally consuming our order when a guy in a barong joined the woman and she apparently relayed what had happened to her earlier on and the guy started looking our way in a not-so-pleasant manner.

Once they got their order, they passed us on the way out and the guy said things that were obviously directed at us indicating that we were stealing seats from those who were already seated or something to that effect.

My female companion sited that the table was reserved for us and all we did was claim it.

There was a short argument that ensued as the couple was walking away. After that my companion asked me why I didn't say anything in our defense and we had a debate of sorts.

All the while the staff was just watching and was even entertained by what was going on.

When I noticed this, I went to them and asked them why they didn't do anything when they saw the woman sit in a table that was clearly marked reserved for other people. No one would answer us and they kept pointing at each other to who will answer us.

I asked for the manager or anyone in charge but they were no where to be found.

After the incident, I wrote the head office and spoke to the person in charge over there to relay what happened.

A week or two after the incident, the guy from the head office said that they were no longer going to accept reservations at that branch and that they "took care" of the staff and managers of that branch involved in the incident.

While I see some of the crew from that incident in other branches, I try to avoid the Park Square branch just in case any leftover crew get any cute ideas about adding "special ingredients" into the food I ordered.

Some people look educated but sad to say that it stops at just looks.

Still pisses me off sometime thinking about it and I would like to give that four eyed yokel and his biyotch a piece of my mind the next time I run into them.

But then I remember that I have to be the bigger person and let evolution handle them.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    HardCharger I'm sorry for your misery, I guess people who cannot respect reservations cannot respect others, and think too highly of themselves. I would imagine his female companion probably altered the story, making the guy think you were the bad guys and his female companion was the victim. It's another twisted case of he-said, she-said, and we all know what that leads to (nothing).

You know you're in the better position and it's difficult debating to oneself whether to claim and assert your reservation or not, or avoid getting into trouble considering people these days can just snap at any moment, and possibly reveal a weapon and make things worse for everybody.
    Last edited by mbeige; February 27th, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ma-pride kasi ang pinoy.

Nobody would want to look like a push-over.

Pag napaalis mo ung tao sa reserved table, he/she would think na pushover sya. So stubborn mode sya to show u di sya basta basta kahit alam nya mali sya.

Same sa driving. Nobody would give way coz people think ur a pushover if u give way or make atras.

Ganyan talaga... pride ang umiiral sa atin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Some people today.....