New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat
    Is this the law requiring a relocation site for squatters before one could reclaim the land from them?
    The Lina Law was intended for squatters on public (meaning government-owned) land. The government has to look for a relocation site before these squatters' shanties could be demolished. Stupid law nga. As far as I'm concerned, if you have squatters sa estero, sa riles ng tren at sa ilalim ng tulay, they are considered as nuisance per se and may be removed forthwith considering that they are blocking an important public infrastructure.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmm. Didn't Las Pinas City relocate its squatters to low-cost housing?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    there's a need to amend the constitution about the qualifications of voters.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Stop giving the squatters more rights for the land than the land owners. Right now if you own land and someone squats in your property you can't just kick them out without the clearance of the barangay. They don't pay the property tax but they get to stay on the land. It's no wonder that some of them have a/c, cable, and cars in their houses because they don't have to pay for anything.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    poverty is the root cause of it all that why there are spawns of squatters, tama si laklak, when i was studying we were looking for indigent patient in the squatters area, naka washing machine sila, me cable tv pa, though siksikan sila sa maliit na lugar but they have the luxury in life...

birth control, kung sabi ng simbahan na masama ang condom, mas masama kung mas madaming mamatay sa hirap, in fabella hospital (a low end public hospital) they do a mandatory ligation after the mother gave birth, lalo na kung nakadami na sila, i think that is more proper sans religious hindrances.

relocate them somewhere far so that they wont clog manila, manila is not always a land oh dreams and hope, yes there are job opportunities but if we ourselves strive harder everywhre could be a better place. after relocating them, educate them, have a good, efficient social worker man the community, they would not just treat the settlement are as their hotel but the govt should teach them livelihood project for them to earn, so that they wont need to fled the re settlement area and flock in manila.

on the said community, there should be ample fund and people living there should moderate a sufficient income to supplement their needs, a school, church, hospital should also be made available, its like transferring them to a community where they could start an d live on their own.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    as far as i can remember, the original idea of democracy (greek era) is that only CITIZENS are allowed to vote... you dont pay taxes... you dont vote... squatters? you dont vote... maraming restrictions... being a citizen is not a right, its a privelege together with a big responsibility... citizens should be an asset to the state... if not... tsk tsk... the state should only retain what is productive and simply cut its losses...

the root: everyone's idea of "the grass is greener on the other side..."

mga tao mahilig talaga sa tsismis... germans going somewhere else, americans going to iraq... filipinos going somewhere else... haaay... buhay... ganda sa pinas eh aalis kayo...

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    interesting.
    i wonder where did binay relocated his votes, este squatters along the riles?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    solution to squatting? eto!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    so si Lina pala me kagagawan niyan. sabi ko na nga ba eh wala ako katiwa-tiwala sa balimbing na yun (erap pet then turned Edsa 2 initiator). pati mukha nya parang ang hirap pagkatiwalaan

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the urban poor is a huge political base no politician dare to touch.

The last thing a politician wants is to have an anti-poor image.

To win votes, dapat maka-masa ka.

Look at Binay. the makati urban poor is responsible for his power, not the forbes or dasma residents.

No politician has the guts to phase out PUJs.

No politician has the guts to do anything unpopular.

And they say the poor are oppressed. They are virtually untouchable.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Solutions to Squatting (Informal Dwellers)