New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Breaker break!

Whats your 2-8 and 2-0, over?

Roger good buddy.

I haven't heard these terms for a long time already and just today i realized, the CB phenomenon back in the 80s was a kind of social networking then. May meet-ups noon (doon yata nag-umpisa ang term na eyeball) with total strangers.

I just wonder if somebody is still using it nowadays.

10-4 good buddy! Over!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yes i remember,10codes Qcodes.haha.. That was 25yrs ago Marcos era up to early 90's hangang mauso na ang cellphone. CB usually on 40meter HF channels kahit ibang bansa nakakrating. I remember my dad used to be on amateur radio aka ham-mer meron din sya group sa commercial frequencies.. Complete rig nya, vhf hf transceivers,mosfet amplifiers, large power supplies with backup batteries, antennae rotator, ano paba yung mga sampayan na antenna. Very useful yan during those days na may calamities and civic activites.
    I think they still exist especially in the provinces.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hmmm... I remember those back when I was kid when my uncle randomly tunes the radio comms whenever he's bored to death from coordinating quarry trucks
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga fx driver at colorum na shuttle gamit pa rin to para makaiwas sa mga pulis at lto. hehehe. para na rin mamonitor nila kung san traffic at hindi.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Was on 2-meter from late 80's to early 90's.

Had an Icom 02N, 02AT, 28H and a Yaesu (the model escapes me). At home, I had a directional, 9-element stacked Yagi (02N + 80W RF booster). Had it for about a month then a storm took it out. Had the mast reconstructed and the antenna replaced with the Ringo Ranger 2. Years later, a storm took that out as well... cementing the end of my hobby. Anyway, magulo na rin ang air nung time na yun... jammers and jologs were taking the fun out of the hobby.

Those were the good 'ol days. This hobby got me interested at ECE.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I remember when they had huge antennas with magnets at the bottom

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    Yep. Base-loaded 5/8-wave antenna stuck to the trunk of our '92 Sentra. Before that, it was on the roof of our 5-door Starlet.

Was a member of DX1UST. I think I stopped when I was in the middle of college, right when packet radio (not pocket) was starting to become popular.
    Last edited by oj88; September 4th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Never got to do the social networking bit... ours were on a private channel, for hospital use.

The CB was our telephone through the 80's. Telephone service was crappy in Laguna until the 90's. You can imagine trying to call home from school. We'd call our Las Piñas base, then they'd relay the message to the Biñan base, then the Biñan operator would call our parents via intercom with the message: "Typhoon po... walang classes ang mga bata... stranded sila sa school."

Typically took one to two hours for the message to get through. Unless they forgot the message, in which case, it'd take three to four...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    mga fx driver at colorum na shuttle gamit pa rin to para makaiwas sa mga pulis at lto. hehehe. para na rin mamonitor nila kung san traffic at hindi.
    there's a weird RF jammer in quezon ave. though. cab drivers refer to them as, "gumagawa ng kababalaghan"

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    And the clip-on antenna the one screwed in the rain gutter.. Lakas makakalawang, i remember mounted sa pickup Pathfinder namin.
    Pinamana sakin ng dad ko yung rig, when i checked nasa stock room pa(Geezus, my dads a serious Hammer)

1 SWR meter
    1 kenwood 21 series mobile-base
    2 40meter band radio, (dnt remember the model but one is Icom other is Alinco multiband mga sin-laki ng shoe box.)
    2 Yaesu handheld FT series
    2 Icom 02n, 1 IC02A
    2 Daiwa 60W linear amplifier
    40A 13.8V Power Supply with 12v BackupBattery support (ampere pa noon ang sukat hindi Watts..lolz)
    1 Zebra 15A power supply
    1 set Rotator (still working and thinking of where can i install this.Outdoor Camera maybe..hmm)
    Lots of used Belden RG8 and RG58 coaxial cables.
    Yagi Uda tangal na elements
    Omnis - F22 and F23 sira sira na ground element
    5/8 Omni mobile
    Yung 60 feet mast sa old house pinababa na since before year 2000, delikado bumagsak during typhoon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Social networking 30 years ago - CB (Citizens Band)