New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rlp1099
    madalas ang nababasa ko na essential sa 30 *ahem* 40 *ahem*guys wardrobe are a pair of jack purcell by converse the one with teh "smile"

converse by the way was bought by nike couple of years back
    langya, rlp1099! kaya pala may major "urge to buy" ako ng mga jack purcells na yun lately... swak ako sa demographics nya!

When it comes to style, simple is always better than complex and gaudy. These lightweight canvas sneakers ($50), designed back in the day by world champion badminton player Jack Purcell, are most definitely simple and easy on the eye. With their signature blue "smile" on the toe and light blue rubber sole, they're the perfect match for a pair of khakis this spring. The latest version has been updated with a ½ inch thick comfort insole, lightly padded tongue and upper sockliner. Think of them this way: compared to the classic Chuck Taylor All-Stars, the Purcells are less street punk and more preppy dad.
    Last edited by diesoline; July 28th, 2006 at 01:41 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    what burns me is that the classic/retro styles cost more than the new ones. it's like your paying more for the status symbol rather than the shoe's merits. and have you seen the kind of leather they've been using?
    So true, I've been wanting Adidas Superstars for quite some time, but I can't imagine paying the same amount for a rubber sole and leather top shoe when I can get modern high-tech, air cushioned, goretex or dri-fit etc for the same price.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    cool. mines like this (black instead of blue)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    etong mga 'to natatandaan nyo?

medyo '90-'91 lumabas ata 'to

you won't believe how much they're selling on ebay

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    napabili nga ako ng K-Swiss Classic

sarap sa paa
    80's kid!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Bo Jackson trainers hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Anyone here with AJ21's? May secret message pala yun shoes. cool!

message reads: "Age for it shall be within the four stage journey of the Air Jordan XXI that the code shall be revealed to those who seek the Jordan code in your honor have we hidden this message."

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILD
    collectors items ika nga
    hmmm....pwede ba i collect? ung leathers pwede mo siguro imaintain with leather care accessories, pero hindi ba naninigas ung rubber sole over time?

i remember purchasing a pair Nike court shoes back in HS. medyo hindi ko ginamit for about a year; nung ginamit ko uli, nag disintegrate ung midsole niya. lumitaw nga ung Nike "air" cushioning niya eh.

btw, anyone notice na nawala na ang puma sa mga shoe stores/department stores? whats up?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had those before (Bo Jackson) Flight 1 and 2, and Nike Revolution... It's amazing how many stuff we had before are worth so much now hehe.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    watching the dvd some some anecdotes:

....hardcore gangstas would trade in what they were strapped with for the latest kicks

....one store in NY had people lining up overnight to be the first to get limited edition trainers, polce had to be called in to maintain order and also partol the block because boys from the hood were to ambush any fool with their new pairs

....when MJ first wore the famous AJ black & red's he was fined daily by the NBA

....there's one shoe Nike has never spent a single cent on marketing and to this day remains their best selling shoe ...nike uptowns

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
sneaker/hip hop culture