New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi peeps, saan makakabili ng ganito, yung ginagamit pang airbrush?

Actually ang intention ko is to do some regular cleaning in our server room; the dust gets so bad that it clogs up the vents in our equipment. Yung vacuum cleaner na nilalako sa Ace, the one with the blower function, sobrang hina. Pag full-size compressor overkill naman.

i think it's about time the office got one, kakahiya na humiram kay bro ^_^

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sa mga tindahan for engineering and architecture students.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Air compressor? Air brush? Scale model hobby shops sell them. Any would be adequate so long as they are capable of at least 40 psi.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to use an air compressor to clean out the insides of servers because of the micro droplets present. Outside should be okay.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 23rd, 2014 at 12:42 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I have a Kawasaki mini compressor sitting unused at home. Ginagamit ko for airbrushing back when I was single and had all the time in the world to paint 1/35 scale tanks.

Wala akong regulator so I made do with whatever output it can give me. As it is I don't think its output is strong enough to blast dust away.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to use an air compressor to clean out the insides of servers because of the micro droplets present. Outside should be okay.
    Sir nagkakaroon ba talaga niyan, even if the compressor hadn't been used at all? Napansin ko rin dati me moisture coming out of the junction between the hose and airbrush pistol, akala ko residue lang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Sir nagkakaroon ba talaga niyan, even if the compressor hadn't been used at all? Napansin ko rin dati me moisture coming out of the junction between the hose and airbrush pistol, akala ko residue lang.
    From my own experience, the moisture accumulation from using an air compressor cannot be avoided unless the operating environment is very dry. Water vapor is always present. When air is compressed, the same goes for water vapor which shows up as condensate.

The Philippines is so humid, I wouldn't recommend air compressor output to clean out the dust from electrical components. I'd use canned propellant instead. Even with that, I'd still be careful and use short bursts because condensate can easily form on the can if you use long bursts.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can use a water separator (or two) and a very long clear hose para visible ang moisture. It won't remove all the water pero it's good enough for airbrushing. I still wouldn't risk using it on electronics though.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sirs good idea ba to use a manual tire pump for cleaning? Or is it still susceptible to moisture buildup?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sirs good idea ba to use a manual tire pump for cleaning? Or is it still susceptible to moisture buildup?
    I don't know. I've never tried it. I'm trying to picture you doing it and it looks funny.

It might work though. I know there are handheld dusters that look like a bladder:

It's kinda like an over-sized camera duster.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hi badkuk, I think the best solution for your server room is positive air pressure from your A/C system. This is to ensure that no more dust will come in. After you have remove the dust of course. cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast