New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Naunahan na Cabanatuan City pano naman kasi yung mga politician dyan nanghihingi pa ng 5M para makapagpatayo ng SM. Mga pulitiko talaga!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    local small shops will be affected, but they also have the option of bringing their business inside SM, dagdagan pa ng branch. not only SM but any reasonable sized mall.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    SM is aggressively expanding its malls in every province across the country. the latest was SM Clark which just had its grand opening last May 12. and by June, construction for the future SM Tarlac will start. and i think SM Pangasinan (Carmen) will follow.

is having a SM Mall in the area a sign of progress? which means it will be good and beneficial to all the local residents? or is it the other way around - the doom of local establishments?

to the tsikoteers in the provinces with SM malls, how is your city/town/province doing now, especially to the local establishments?

Good, gaganda yung lupa ko sa highway eh

Confirmed na ba yung June dito sa Tarlac?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ok yan. mas madaming jobs ma cre-create.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    there's a new one in sta.rosa, laguna. and another under construction in muntinlupa.
    i'm in the middle - san pedro and binan area - and traffic lang nakikita ko immediate effect sa area namin.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang nakakainis lang e yung sobrang traffic na idinudulot. yong itinatayong SM Muntinlupa, nakow, siguradong tindi ng traffic dyan. ngayon pa nga lang e sobrang traffic na e.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when I went to the US last year ang balita doon ng mga filipino is papasok ang walmart or kmart dito kaya aggresive ang expansion ng SM para strategic na sila pag dito ng american "SM"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Definitely there are positive and negative points. Consumers will enjoy more choices and more time for shopping. Instead of going to Manila, they can now shop within their area. Big time sellers can have their branch inside the mall but small time sellers will experience low sales due to competition. External factors like traffic are expected to happen but more income for tricycle, jeep and bus drivers because of heavy flow of passengers.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After seeing what SM City Batangas did to the usual "hotspots" sa batangas, I'd say "no" to the city's small to medium businesses...

Wala din naman namimili sa mga stores ng SM dun eh, supermarket lang at resto pinepatronize.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    One bad thing about malls going to the provinces is that they tend to kill-off local businesses and small entrepreneuring restaurants. Most of them can't afford the rent SM charges pati... People will now prefer to go inside the mall to eat and buy stuff they need, and even wathc a movie. It's a one-stop shop!

Goodbye local hardware, hello Ace Hardware... Goodbye local eateries, hello fastfood... Goodbye local barbershops, hello David's Salon... I remember before SM & Robinsons arrived, there were a string of Rojonet Restaurants along Aguinaldo Highway in Cavite. Now, they're disappearing one-by-one...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
SM Mall expansions in the provinces: good or bad?