New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    if they drove the pile til it hit bed rock, dapat hindi mangyari ito. baka nag short-cut na naman yung contractor to save cost. but if this actually happened already, then just imagine the high possibility of liquefaction during an earthquake. parang marina area sa San Francisco that liquefied during the last major earthquake.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    That's bad news. Sayang, very promising pa naman yang Mall of Asia... and very expensive at that. Di bale, mayaman naman si Henry Sy. Para sa kanya, parang nagpatayo lang sya ng karinderya!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    if true na lumulubog ... edi pumalpak yung soil analysis nila

any major construction must perform soil analysis to determine its characteristics ... some soils can be too soft that it might be uneconomical to build on it ... this is one problem delaying the construction of LRT for Cebu
    yung SM Pampanga, after less than a year, lumubog ang mga flooring. they reconstructed it, pati almost lahat ng mga stalls.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    actually, yang area na yan eh reclaimed yan. dati dagat yan eh. i remember the time when i was a kid, we used to go walking dyan sa roxas boulevard na untouched pa talaga.

in reclaimation, it is normal for a land to sink into the sea an inch every year. malambot and tambak lang yang lupang yan eh.
    heheh naabutan mo ba nung ang dewey blvd e yung service road ngayon? di ba ang roxas blvd e nasa reclaimed land na din?

(btw, hindi ko na naabutan yan. kwento na lang sa akin heheh)

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    if true na lumulubog ... edi pumalpak yung soil analysis nila

any major construction must perform soil analysis to determine its characteristics ... some soils can be too soft that it might be uneconomical to build on it ... this is one problem delaying the construction of LRT for Cebu
    Hindi siguro puwede soil analysis diyan kasi reclaimed land lang yan. Kung ano ano lang tinambak diyan.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    im not surprised at all. . . reclaimed area and all...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but di naman lahat ng reclaimed lumulubog eh, yung buong check lap kok airport sa hk including the world's longest combo bridge is build on reclamation...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    actually, yang area na yan eh reclaimed yan. dati dagat yan eh. i remember the time when i was a kid, we used to go walking dyan sa roxas boulevard na untouched pa talaga.

in reclaimation, it is normal for a land to sink into the sea an inch every year. malambot and tambak lang yang lupang yan eh.
    Ehehe sir gilmore, medyo lumabas edad mo. Oops OT.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on the other hand, the soil analysis could have been correct but, as jaeger suggested, somebody decided to cut costs, maybe Henry himself?

medyo complicated ang problema nitong sm mall of asia kasi baka yung lupa umurong na papunta sa dagat ... so they need to prevent the slippage first before refilling/reinforcing the portion where soil was lost ... i guess the building now have a shorter lifespan than originally planned

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    what else is new with the reclaimed area?. CCP' basement already has water and so with the manila film center...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
sm mall of asia lumulubog