New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    simple electrical, carpentry, plumbing works kaya ko rin
    pag barado yun sink ako na gumagawa nun, pag may leak yun water closet ng toilet bowl ginagawa ko rin yun
    minsan may leak yun bidet sa master's bathroom, ginawa ko kaso na bali yun tubo, sinara ko yun main valve and told
    my wife to call the plumber kasi ma-la-late na ko sa office
    sa kotse: magpalit ng bulbs, mag adjust ng menor sa carb, nakapag linis na rin ako ng MAF sensor

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Almost anything I can do in and outside the house, except major carpentry or mason skills. Yung set of tools ko dito, kulang nalang scissor type lifter. I'm thinking of investing on pneumatic tools, since I already have a compressor.

One thing I'd like to learn now is how to paint cars. But I know it'll take an inordinate amount of practice.
    You can buy a few used panels and try practicing on that for your paint skills. It's a bit bad for the health though. I used to have a very, very good painter/mixer before (as in kayang kaya i match at ilapat ng maayos ang faded na silver panels) but the poor guy got cancer.

Sarap magka-private garage talaga with a lifter and impact wrenches/tools.

As for me, i can do basic car work/repairs and the simple home improvement or repairs.

My favorite DIY home furniture assembly failure was assembling a crib a few years ago, only to realize that i assembled it at the ground floor of the house. We had to carry it up, and promptly got the crib stuck in the doorway. :D Another DIY failure i had was spending the morning under the car, removing the exhaust manifold, only to find out that the headers i was going to install would hit the a/c piping.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^
    yun pintor ng bahay namin magaling talaga, makinis yun trabaho
    tinannong ko: "kotse kaya mong mag pintura"
    sagot sa akin: "sir ibang level na yan" :D

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    simple electrical, carpentry, plumbing works kaya ko rin
    pag barado yun sink ako na gumagawa nun, pag may leak yun water closet ng toilet bowl ginagawa ko rin yun
    minsan may leak yun bidet sa master's bathroom, ginawa ko kaso na bali yun tubo, sinara ko yun main valve and told
    my wife to call the plumber kasi ma-la-late na ko sa office
    sa kotse: magpalit ng bulbs, mag adjust ng menor sa carb, nakapag linis na rin ako ng MAF sensor
    hahaha, kung sa banyo puwede pa sakin yung mga water closet pero pag yung bowl na mismo nangingiwi nako. pero no choice eh. ebak nga ng mga aso ko naasikaso ko inuusisa ko pa para lang malaman kong walang sakit, ebak pa ng pamilya ko.

yung erpats ng bespren ko may sakit na magkalas ng mga bagay sa bahay nila, tulad ng ref nila, kinalas-kalas tapos nung ibinalik na, hindi na align yung pinto.
    yung oto nila binaklas yung makina. akala niya erpats pa niya yung nasa ilalim ng oto mekaniko na pala. hindi na maibalik ng erpats niya yung mga kinalas. wokdahek!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    most of the maintenance stuff around the house and on your car are found on youtube. the home depot has books on how to on tiling, basic electricity, basic plumbing, masonry, carpentry (from constructing foundations to constructing roof framing), painting and air conditioning. there are lots of resources for the diy'er. i personally learned most of my stuff from books and learning while doing it myself

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    hahaha, kung sa banyo puwede pa sakin yung mga water closet pero pag yung bowl na mismo nangingiwi nako. pero no choice eh. ebak nga ng mga aso ko naasikaso ko inuusisa ko pa para lang malaman kong walang sakit, ebak pa ng pamilya ko.

yung erpats ng bespren ko may sakit na magkalas ng mga bagay sa bahay nila, tulad ng ref nila, kinalas-kalas tapos nung ibinalik na, hindi na align yung pinto.
    yung oto nila binaklas yung makina. akala niya erpats pa niya yung nasa ilalim ng oto mekaniko na pala. hindi na maibalik ng erpats niya yung mga kinalas. wokdahek!
    hay naku ser holden yun mga anak ko bago pa yun sabon minsan naihuhulog sa toilet bowl
    sayang na yun sabon minsan mag bara, pero plunger lang yun katapat nyan

ser pag marunong ka na sa vaginal repair turuan mo ako ha

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am really interested in automotive maintenance. I was supposed to enroll at MFI Technical institute in Ortigas when I was in between jobs. I did not push through because I realised it was kinda awkward to go to a class where I assume I would be the only girl I bought some books to read on na lang. I really admire guys that are good with cars, more so those with jobs that are non technical pa (eg banker), it means interest talaga kaya natutunan.

I also want to learn carpentry and build cabinets etc. I don't think I am born with any skills or talent

8. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^Isa rin yan sa gusto kong matutunan para "I'm my own mekaniko" na. Skilled work yan which also qualifies one for migration. I think Toyota has a school, pero one would have to take a long leave if s/he has an 8-5.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I am really interested in automotive maintenance. I was supposed to enroll at MFI Technical institute in Ortigas when I was in between jobs. I did not push through because I realised it was kinda awkward to go to a class where I assume I would be the only girl I bought some books to read on na lang. I really admire guys that are good with cars, more so those with jobs that are non technical pa (eg banker), it means interest talaga kaya natutunan.

I also want to learn carpentry and build cabinets etc. I don't think I am born with any skills or talent
    I know of a lady who took the course at Don Bosco before together with my other gearhead friends.
    When they were disassembling and overhauling carburetors, they added extra parts to the plate of their friend so when they reassembled, he was going crazy when all were done and he still had parts leftover. :D

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

i took a course in MFI 2 years ago. ok doon. although most likely you'll be the girl nga lang. regarding the book, this is the book i got. it is very comprehensive and full of details.

William Harry Crouse, Donald L. Anglin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast