New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    most of us if not all, have some diversion to get away from the stresses in life. we do something to recreate, to relax or to make something to make ourselves feel better. some of us do carpentry, some masonry, painting, electrical work, home improvement, tinker with our cars or mechanical objects, some do gardening or just simply maintaining our homes. it takes money to hire somebody and sometimes you're not satisfied with the quality or quantity of work you paid money for. what would be your hobby or skill of interest to learn or skills you already have at least to get by? some celebrities like jay leno who really does not need to do it himself still tinkers with his cars. it is the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I like working with my hands though I'm not the most dexterous person out there. You're right about having that sense of satisfaction that you did it yourself. Last time I was in the UK, there was a growing number of DIY garages where you can just rent space and pay by the hour. You do the work yourself and they provide all the tools. Of course, if you break a tool, you'll have to pay for it too.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I like working with my hands though I'm not the most dexterous person out there. You're right about having that sense of satisfaction that you did it yourself. Last time I was in the UK, there was a growing number of DIY garages where you can just rent space and pay by the hour. You do the work yourself and they provide all the tools. Of course, if you break a tool, you'll have to pay for it too.
    Jack of all trades master of nothingbtt,ginagawa ko din Ito kutin ting everything,pag idle time pag di kinaya tawag ng marunong ,pag nagawa ,very fulfilling

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    skills i'm still struggling with-arc welding and mig welding. someday i will be able to be just as good as a professional

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i lack those skills. simple door knob nga lang, hirap ako maglagay eh.
    i also suck in plumbing.... tried it once, lalong lumaki ang problema.
    i also tried assembling a DIY cabinet.... after two weeks, bumagsak yung cabinet... hindi kasi shoot yung mga turnilyo.

my only hand-used skill is assembling and disassembling a computer or a server.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i can make an underwear with abaca fiber. it`s just that none wants to wear it.

i can do plumbing and some basic carpentry. pero gustong-gusto ko matutunan yung mga basic sa pagkumpuni ng auto.
    at least natutunan ko ng mag palit ng power steering fluid, change oil, baklas radiator. susubukan kong magpalit ng mga belts, medyo alam ko na.
    yung secondary clutch, gusto ko rin matutunang magpalit.
    mga usual na nasisira sa auto.

and maybe vaginal repair. i keep on breaking some.
    Last edited by holdencaulfield; February 24th, 2014 at 08:45 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    i can make an underwear with abaca fiber. it`s just that none wants to wear it.

i can do plumbing and some basic carpentry. pero gustong-gusto ko matutunan yung mga basic sa pagkumpuni ng auto.
    at least natutunan ko ng mag palit ng power steering fluid, change oil, baklas radiator. susubukan kong magpalit ng mga belts, medyo alam ko na.
    yung secondary clutch, gusto ko rin matutunang magpalit.
    mga usual na nasisira sa auto.

and maybe vaginal repair. i keep on breaking some.
    Pag naperfect more.na, pwdeng turuan more din ako?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just installed an additional lock on our front door, utos ni misis. Pag mga ganito kayang kaya ko, almost pro ang dating. Ako lang din gumawa ng cabinet under the sink sa roof deck namin. Sa ganito na trabaho medyo natatagalan kasi pinagprapraktisan ko na wishing kasing galing ng finishing carpenter ang tirada. Yung shoe cabinet sa ilalim ng stairs sa 1st floor pinagawa ni misis sa carpenter, naku ang sakit sa mata! One of these days tatastasin ko yun at ako mismo ang gagawa. Electricals saka plumbing sa bahay ako lang din ang gumagawa.

kotse, kung wala lang si misis na nagna-nag sa akin na "wag mo galawin yan sayang ang warranty" matagal nang puro diy. Pero naghahanap ako ng shop manual, mas madali kasi magtrabaho sa kotse pag may shop manual. Old school alam ko e, pero pag mga electronics na medyo takot na ako mangalikot sa oto.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Almost anything I can do in and outside the house, except major carpentry or mason skills. Yung set of tools ko dito, kulang nalang scissor type lifter. I'm thinking of investing on pneumatic tools, since I already have a compressor.

One thing I'd like to learn now is how to paint cars. But I know it'll take an inordinate amount of practice.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast