New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nino dethrones Viloria to win WBC light flyweight crown
    Agence France-Presse
    Last updated 11:29am (Mla time) 08/11/2006

LAS VEGAS, Nevada -- Mexico's Omar Nino, fighting past 10 rounds for the first time in his career, dethroned previously unbeaten Brian Viloria here Thursday to claim the World Boxing Council light flyweight title.

The challenger from Guadalajara, in his first fight outside Mexico, took a unanimous decision by judges' scores of 118-110, 117-111 and 117-112 and dedicated the triumph to his son Omar Jnr, born just 15 days earlier.

"I have been looking for this title for so long," Nino said. "I was so well prepared. I knew if I fought well I could do it. I was just determined to win. I knew I was going to do it."

Nino improved to 24-2 with one drawn while Viloria suffered his first loss after a 19-0 start to his pro career. It was the second defense of a title he took from Eric Ortiz last September.

"I was disappointed in my performance," Viloria said. "I just fought a really dumb fight and he fought my fight. I just had a bad night."

The result dims the chances for a showdown fight against undefeated World Boxing Association champion Koki Kameda of Japan. Viloria said talk about a fight with Kameda was not a distraction to him for facing Nino.

"I came prepared for this fight. I just had a bad night and Omar fought a smart fight," Viloria said. "He stayed on his toes. He didn't engage with me. I waited too late."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sayang... panget tlga araw ni villoria, nabubugbog sya..

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    [QUOTE=Dvorak;614036]Nino dethrones Viloria to win WBC light flyweight crown
    Agence France-Presse
    Last updated 11:29am (Mla time) 08/11/2006

O Dang! :injured: oks lang... we can't have it all anyway.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    alangan naman araw araw pasko hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    bata pa naman si viloria. this loss would only make him better. babawi yan sigurado.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana huwag matulad si pacman sa kanya.
    tuwang-tuwa malamang ang mga mexicano at nakaisa rin sila sa pinoy.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    nakita ko nalang rounds 8 to 12 at galleria. halatang takot si Brian sumugod, kuntento na siya sa counter-attack. kaso wa epek yung counter nya. ayaw naman sumugod. si romero ang aggressor. the mexican deserved his win. after 12 rounds, just before the annoucement of winner, you could sense the collective sigh of disappointment sa mga taong nanood dun. na-spoil kasi sa do-or-die, basagan-ng-mukha style ni pacman sa ring, hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    saw the fight earlier. ang pangit ng ginawa ni viloria! di man lang sumugod! puro dipensa at naghintay ng counterattack that never came. parang hinulog. what a waste of time.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    baka nag sell out na si Brian?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    sana huwag matulad si pacman sa kanya.
    tuwang-tuwa malamang ang mga mexicano at nakaisa rin sila sa pinoy.
    dont worry bro, american si viloria. hehehehhehehe J/K

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Silat si Viloria!