New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    depende.

missionary run schools na mababa ang tuition can be exempt but those big catholic private schools should be taxed sa mahal ng tuition. at lalo na kung basura ang rate ng pasahod sa mga teachers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Based on my bservation here in my province naman, mas maganda na quality of eductaion sa public schools at mas pura. Hindi gaya nung 80's-90's na di hamak na mas maganda performance nang mga private religious schools. So imho, kung ganitona rin situation in the majority of the Philippines, I couldn't care less is tax exempt sila. Eventually people well see the performance at mawawala na rin yang mga private religious schools if the trend does not change.

Taxing them would just make the demise faster imho. And kawawa mga students/parents for sure. Sa iba na lang hanapin tax like sa BIR at customs na marami pa talagang nakakalusot. Yun mas importante imho.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    For as long as non stock, non profit,- puwedeng tax exempt....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    still. my take is income less expense = net income which is taxable.
    bawas na nila ang cost of living ng mga pari and madre as well as donations dun sa expense.... non-profit institutions sila eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In lieu of taxes, how about mandating a certain percentage of revenues/income should be used for scholarships and continued upgrade of equipment and training?

I went to a large, catholic university and yes the tuition was high but i did noticed too that they also had a good population of scholars (whether partial or full).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    In lieu of taxes, how about mandating a certain percentage of revenues/income should be used for scholarships and continued upgrade of equipment and training?

I went to a large, catholic university and yes the tuition was high but i did noticed too that they also had a good population of scholars (whether partial or full).
    Full scholar ako dyan kahit jologs. hehehe

That is something I really admire from that school. They try mo make sure to give back to the community thru scholarships.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Full scholar ako dyan kahit jologs. hehehe

That is something I really admire from that school. They try mo make sure to give back to the community thru scholarships.
    Same here. The Office of Admission and Aid really makes it a point to expand the number of students they help through scholarships. Right now I think there are around 2,000 scholars, or roughly 20% of the student population and the ratio gets higher every year.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya RT and jut703, magpa-scholar din kayo to return the favor. :D

But hey, one good way to help when you have the means, is to put someone through school. Teaching how to fish indeed!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    UST dba tax exempt yun?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Yep... same goes with ADMU, DLSU, Beda, etc. Basta schools that are run by religious orders and are non-profit. Yung mga N.U., Mapua, etc. should be subject to taxes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast