New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have a couple of small items (flashlights) I need to ship to Guangdong, China for repair. What would be the cheapest courier I could use that has tracking?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I have a couple of small items (flashlights) I need to ship to Guangdong, China for repair. What would be the cheapest courier I could use that has tracking?
    In my experience, it is still better to request quotation from dhl, ups, and fedex. It is easier to track pa.. I always end up using ups, next is dhl then fedex..

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by essjei55 View Post
    In my experience, it is still better to request quotation from dhl, ups, and fedex. It is easier to track pa.. I always end up using ups, next is dhl then fedex..

Appreciate your response. How do you initiate things with UPS? I mean, they're not like LBC, which is everywhere, and you just basically walk in with the items you want shipped.

The last time I dealt with UPS was when I returned a Seagate hard drive maybe 8 years ago. Just went to their drop-off point in Paranaque with a shipping label I printed off of the Seagate RMA website. Seagate, of course, shouldered all expenses.

This time, I would have to pay the one-way shipping so I really don't want to spend more than what the items are worth. Also, I don't care if it takes a month to get there, so long as there's tracking.

Anyone tried Philpost/EMS? Like above, how does that work? I am accustomed to receiving items, not sending them.

FWIW, the items have a combined weight of under 200g (batteries and attachments removed). Both will probably fit in one envelope.
    Last edited by oj88; October 11th, 2018 at 11:31 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    For ups, you can contact their customer service hotline. I believe even if you don't have an account, they'll come at your doorstep to get the item. You have to pay it outright lang..

Never tried philpost/ems, but I am seeing sa mga sm malls if am not mistaken.. Mas mura ata sila, longer delivery lead time lang..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Try TOLL or DEPEX if they're still operating in Manila, dati we are using both to send items from Manila to China and vise versa, and it's way cheaper compared to DHL or fedex, but you package will arrive around 4 days if its ok with you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Thanks for the ideas. I’ll look into them when I get to work later.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    It may not be worth sending back small items to China. It's not easy to pass through China customs even if it is for warranty purpose. Chick with your supplier if the have office, agent, or warehouse in Hong Kong.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I was able to send the flashlights back to China using UPS. It cost me around P850 (35% applied discount). It was actually very fast. The package was picked up yesterday around 3:30PM and it arrived at the destination just before noon today.

Before considering UPS, I first tried DHL. Weird thing is, DHL does not allow sending any used or defective items back to China. I asked why but they can't supply me a reason. After DHL, I also tried LBC (before I realized that they partnered with DHL for international shipping) and of course, they too, declined to ship my items. All these happened after I've made it very clear that the batteries were not included, just in case that's their worry.

Anyway, just a tip for people wanting to send anything into China.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    That's good to hear bro

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Must be an expensive flashlight ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast