New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thought it's worth sharing this with you

Stale Careers

Have you ever tried eating stale bread? Ang sama ng lasa ng lumang tinapay, hindi ba? Ang sama rin ng pakiramdam kapag hindi ka na masaya sa iyong trabaho. Sometimes, when your career becomes stale like bread, it's time to move on. In her article "Change Careers- and Succeed", Jeanie Wilson reveals the seven signs of a stale career. Gusto nyo bang malaman kung ano ang mga senyales na ito?

The first sign of a stale career is boredom. You're bored kapag wala ka ng interes sa ginagawa mo. You do things automatically at hindi ka na nacha-challenge.

Second sign, Sundayitis. Hindi ito ice cream, but it's a term used to describe how tired and depressed you feel on Sunday just thinking that on Monday you're going back to work. Kung katulad ka ni Karen Carpenter na madalas ma-depress kapag Lunes at kapag umuulan, may Sundayitis ka nga.

Third sign, salary stagnation. Kahit anong sikap mo, hindi ka na maka- angat-angat financially. A stale career limits your opportunities to earn more money.

Fourth sign, the 30/70 rule. This means that thirty percent or more of your job involves tasks that you really dislike. Kung baga, ginagawa mo na lang dahil it's expected of you not because you really enjoy doing so.

Fifth sign, the wannabes. Longing to be like someone else could be a sign that your career is getting stale.

Sixth sign, the shouldabeens. If you also feel you should be doing something else other than what you're doing now, then maybe it's time to consider making a move.

Seventh sign, the endless slump. You're experiencing a slump kapag hindi ka nag-iimprove sa iyong ginagawa. If you're losing your touch, or you're not performing up to par maybe you're on that job too long and it's time to move on.

Kung nararanasan mo ang lahat ng mga signs na ito, maaari nga na hindi bagay sa iyo ang kasalukuyan mong trabaho, and it's time for you to look for another job and change career.

However, you have to examine yourself first before you start looking for another job. Some of these signs could be remedied by changing your work habits, by taking pride in your own work and by constantly reminding yourself that real security and contentment comes from doing what God wants you to do. Also remind yourself that a lot of times, God allows us to experience dry spells in our career to develop our character and to deepen our trust in Him.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    hindi ba pwede isama yung Internetitis? Ito yung pagpasok mo sa office, instead of opening your email and/or checking your calendar for deadlines eh internet agad ang kaharap mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by silhouette
    hindi ba pwede isama yung Internetitis? Ito yung pagpasok mo sa office, instead of opening your email and/or checking your calendar for deadlines eh internet agad ang kaharap mo.
    una ko naman binubuksan yung email ko...pero kasunod na nun ang internet.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yung 1st 2 meron ako..... kaso meron din akong drinking on the job.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The first sign of a stale career is boredom.

I have this. Redundant ang mga tasks ko, walang challenge.

Second sign, Sundayitis.

Nope. The more I worry about going back to work on Mondays, the more I feel lazy of going to work or getting more frustrated about my work.

Third sign, salary stagnation.

I have this. I didnt negotiate very well on my hire date.

Fourth sign, the 30/70 rule.

I dont have this, kse halos ala naman akong ginagawa

Fifth sign, the wannabes.

YES! Human Resource is what I want to be in two years. F**k the technical field.

Sixth sign, the shouldabeens.

YES! After my masters!

Seventh sign, the endless slump.

I dont have this. Im still at the prime of my performance.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think i have tsikot-itis

Seven Signs that You Need a Career Change