New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I know many of us will say "been there, done that". Gimik, bar hopping, barkada night, or watchamacalit. With the latest news about the mauling of an OFW in a bar in QC, please share your experiences and how you dealt with the situation. Safety guidelines in order to avoid such untoward incidents.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

24 Oras: Mga suspek sa pambubugbog at pagkakapatay sa isang OFW, tukoy na ng pulisya - YouTube

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Avoid the rakrakan scene / spots. If possible.

This is coming from a 46 year old by the way.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Just don't go out alone. bring your friends (esp.big ones). the moment you see signs of trouble just walk away. dami gago dyan lalo na yung mga nanghihiram ng tapang sa alak at sa tropa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Avoid the rakrakan scene / spots. If possible.

This is coming from a 46 year old by the way.
    hehe, i used to play at mayrics in espana and club dredd in the 90s...in highschool i used to get piss drunk, anyone here remember bobby mcgee's in pasay road? how about Aunt Maries Aunt in makati ave? di maiiwasan yung bunguan sa bar, always say excuse me or sorry, when making eye contact, remember the head nod, pag manakakasalubong ka going to the bathroom, nodding up means whats up(goes well with a smile)..medyo its a casual greeting.... if older person...nodding downwards is respectful acknowlegdement...cant count the times na kala bouncer ako

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    hehe, i used to play at mayrics in espana and club dredd in the 90s...in highschool i used to get piss drunk, anyone here remember bobby mcgee's in pasay road? how about Aunt Maries Aunt in makati ave? di maiiwasan yung bunguan sa bar, always say excuse me or sorry, when making eye contact, remember the head nod, pag manakakasalubong ka going to the bathroom, nodding up means whats up(goes well with a smile)..medyo its a casual greeting.... if older person...nodding downwards is respectful acknowlegdement...cant count the times na kala bouncer ako
    in short bro, act like a canadian ^_^
    first beer ko yata sa bobby mcgee's eh lol

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mr. Big pano kung let's say ikaw yun OFW tapos kinuyog ka nun mga barkada na yun, ano gagawin mo, kaya mo sila lahat?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    when i want to stay out of trouble, i just forget about my ego.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    I know many of us will say "been there, done that". Gimik, bar hopping, barkada night, or watchamacalit. With the latest news about the mauling of an OFW in a bar in QC, please share your experiences and how you dealt with the situation. Safety guidelines in order to avoid such untoward incidents.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

24 Oras: Mga suspek sa pambubugbog at pagkakapatay sa isang OFW, tukoy na ng pulisya - YouTube
    iwasan kasi pumunta sa mga inuman bar/grill na paborito ng mga grupong maangas

parang lagi naghahanap ng gulo mga ganun

magkamali ka lang ng tingin hahamunin ka na

at huwag mo pagkamalan na waiter ang isa sa kanila masasaktan ego nila hehe

huwag mo tingnan ang mga babaeng kasama nila

feeling knight in shining armor mga yan todo protect sa mga barkadang babae pero if you only know sila mismo may pagnanasa sa barkada nila hehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Borrowing a few lines form HIMYM;

Ted: Kids, your grandma always used to say to me, "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m.," and she was right. When 2:00 a.m. rolls around, just go home and go to sleep because the decisions you make after 2:00 a.m. are the wrong decisions.
    As one belonging to the "been there, done that" generation, there's some truth to that advice.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    how about Aunt Maries Aunt in makati ave?

Now I remember this one ...

Then there's this Padi's Point on what is now the new Greenbelt buildings.

I, (we) try to go to bars/clubs that are within Makati, where we know the general "attitude" of the public.

I will stop with CableCar, Whistle Stop, Mars, and Euphoria before I get too nostalgic.

Then there's the "original" Rufo's beside the IS.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast