New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    [SIZE=5]SAFE-DRIVING TIPS WHEN IT IS RAINING![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]GOOD VISION IN A DOWNPOUR [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]We are not sure why it is so effective; just try this method when it rains heavily. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]It is useful...even driving at night. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]of the wipers during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad...... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]In the event you face such a situation, just put on your [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][SIZE=4]SUN GLASSES[/SIZE] [SIZE=4](any model will do), and miracle![/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]All of a sudden, your visibility in front of your windshield is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]You are not only helping yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might save your friend's life by giving him this idea.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Try it yourself and share it with your friends!??? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Amazing, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling.? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]You can see where the rain bounces off the road. It works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing cars. Or the "kickup" if you are following a car in the rain.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]They ought to teach this little tip in driver's training.. It really does work. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]This is a good warning. I wonder how many people knew about this. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Another good tip:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago. She was traveling between Gladewater & Kilgore. It was raining, though not excessively and her car suddenly began to hydro-plane and literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very stunned at the sudden occurrence! When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]He told her something that every driver should know -[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON[/SIZE] . [SIZE=4]She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]But the highway patrolman told her that if the cruise control is on, your car will begin to hydro-plane when the tires lose contact with the pavement, and your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you take off like an airplane. She told the patrolman that was exactly what [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]had occurred. The patrolman said this warning should be listed, on the [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]driver's seat sun-visor - [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]NEVER USETHE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR ICY[/SIZE] , [SIZE=4]along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed - but we don't tell them to use the cruise control only when the pavement is dry. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]The only person the accident victim found, who knew this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had a similar accident, totaled his car and sustained severe injuries. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Take note: This information was sent to me thru email... There's nothing to loose if we try and maybe one day it will save our life...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Enjoy Reading...[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I might try the sunglasses thing on the empty parking lot first ...

Don't know if that works when I've got a heavily tinted windshield? ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I might try the sunglasses thing on the empty parking lot first ...

Don't know if that works when I've got a heavily tinted windshield? ...
    Tinted windshield is always a bad idea.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    if visibility is low, turn on the hazards.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    if visibility is low, turn on the hazards.
    It is bad to use hazard lights in low visibility conditions. Just turn on your headlights and/or fog lights.

Using hazards will confuse other drivers that you might be turning, etc because cars behind you will only see either or left or right side indicators.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Agree. Good thing my Santa Fe and Yaris have back fog lights, yung Civic wala unfortunately...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It might help if you have your rear foglights switched on during the heavy downpour.

switch on the lights and ask for guidance from above.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i will try the sunglasses, salamat, gh

i agree, hazard lights during these conditions only causes confusion on the vehicles around you turn on your lights (except for the hazard lights, of course) and turn off your radio (or set it to minimal volume)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    pag sinabing sunglasses ibig sabihin shades diba? so okey lang black tinted shades ba?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Safe-driving tips when it is raining!