New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    are there any ideas on how to take care of my neighbor's loose dogs which come to my yard, maul my tied up dog and defecate in my yard. i was thinking of baiting them with a fishing hook and line with meat as bait. i don't want to kill the dogs in my yard and give them a chance to report home to serve as a warning to the irresponsible dog owner

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tear gas is effective but you have to be there and within a few meters of the offending dogs.

---

How about a mega-water gun with a tank full of green permanent hair dye?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Tear gas is effective but you have to be there and within a few meters of the offending dogs.

---

i thought of similar thing: water gun filled with water and hot sauce or red pepper juice concentrate, when the dog licks himself, his tongue burns, if he doesn't his skin burns and this dog is an almost hairless sharpei, the pepper would stay in the folds of the skin

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    used to have the same problem before, just talked with the owners once and gave them chains to tie their dogs on 2nd offense and warned them that their dogs would be shot the next time.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to shoot using my airsoft gun at cats on the roof of my neighbor's house. After a few times, the cats preferred to stay elsewhere.

Maybe the same would be effective against the dogs?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

---

did this once on a neighbor's cat that scatter trash at the back of my house. caught him in a small animal trap ( one used for ferrets and rabbits) and painted him using elastomeric white roof paint and let him loose as the paint is drying up

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I hate cats with a passion. I used to spray them with vinegar using my water gun just to keep them out of our backyard. I don't know if dogs hate the smell of vinegar as cats do.

I still think the best thing to do would be to talk to your neighbor. I wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially hurt the dogs as it might aggravate the situation with your neighbor.

OT: How much is the cheapest air soft gun? I want to try it on the cats that goes to our backyard? I hate how these pesky cats keep my dogs up all night!
    Last edited by _Cathy_; March 11th, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I hate cats with a passion. I used to spray them with vinegar using my water gun just to keep them out of our backyard. I don't know if dogs hate the smell of vinegar as cats do.

I still think the best thing to do would be to talk to your neighbor. I wouldn't want to do anything that could potentially hurt the dogs as it might aggravate the situation with your neighbor.

OT: How much is the cheapest air soft gun? I want to try it on the cats that goes to our backyard? I hate how these pesky cats keep my dogs up all night!

talk to or with this neighbor? forget it, these people are bad social climbers who think the world revolves around them. these are the people the earth is better off without. they for sure will deny and evade the blame. you know, if the people wear a fake make believe crown

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

A good entry model would just be over P1000.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I would also go for an airsoft gun. Air gun kasi may kill a small animal.

kaso may gun ban ngyon, pati airsoft huli.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
pesky neighbor's dogs