New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab View Post
    ...grabe noh. i wonder how much they charge in panama.
    around 150k din back in 1999.. baka nagtaas na sila ng toll ngayon..

at least the gov't. is doing something to help our kababayans in lebanon..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    is this true? 90M? laki ng budget kasama na ba dun pang missile intercept?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    If smaller yatchs & water vessels can do cross-ocean crossing what more with the Philippine Coast Guard's 56-foot Australian-built Search & Rescue ships.

That's because the air route evacuation is now not feasible since Israel started destroying bridges in Lebanon. The Philippine g6vernment has been hiring chartered planes before to fly in Filipino evacuees from Lebanon.

I think this is one of the PCG's new SAR vessel:

So what are they to do? We complain constantly that the government is doing nothing to evacuate Filipinos and when someone volunteers to do it - we still call them bobo.

Damned if you do... damned if you don't!
    56 feet? napaka liit naman yata? baka 56 yards.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas View Post
    56 feet? napaka liit naman yata? baka 56 yards.
    56 meters (~180 ft) perhaps? They're sea-faring vessels. But, I wonder what their passenger-holding capacity are? I imagine they'll be used to ferry evacuees from Lebanon to a safer location where they'll catch a plane to the Philippines. Godspeed for them.

If they play their cards right, I suppose the PCG vessels can refuel with the US Navy while doing evac duties. The money earmarked for fuel could be just for the journey to and back from Lebanon.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I heard the plan has been called off. Dahil sa gastos and they admitted that the boats are good for interisland voyages only.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Gobyerno natin, tutulong na rin lang, dapat lubus-lubusin na. Bakit di PAL 747 ang ipadala, o di kaya yung SuperFerry?
    As I've said... the usual land & air route is now not feasible since Israel destroyed a lot bridges in Lebanon.

And FYI - the government has been chartering planes to fly Pinoys from Middle-East & Mediterranean countries to Manila. The ships will be used to ferry Pinoys from Lebanon to these countries.

And FYI - PAL & Cebu Pacific will be sending aircrafts (for free) to those countries to pickup Pinoy evacuees.

Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    I heard the plan has been called off. Dahil sa gastos and they admitted that the boats are good for interisland voyages only.
    They said that it would be more feasbile to charter ships in the region - but the PCG's ships would still be on standby if they would ever be needed.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Too bad the PCG vessels aren't going. It'd be nice to show the flag so far from home. Sleek-looking vessels too. But, chartering ships is more practical.

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    IMO, i believe this move by the Coast Guard is a big smack in the face for the Navy.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Coast Guard's proposal was rejected.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    buti naman baka sila ma ang irescue.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
RP to send 2 patrol boats to Lebanon.