New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Roco backs out of presidential campaign
    Posted:12:05 PM (Manila Time) | Apr. 13, 2004
    INQ7.net with GMA 7

PRESIDENTIAL candidate Raul Roco announced on Tuesday that he was backing out of the campaign due to an illness that would have to be treated in the United States.

"It is something that I must attend to because it could be debilitating," Roco told a press briefing aired live on GMA Network radio station dzBB. He did not elaborate.

But Roco said although he was backing out of the campaign he was not giving up on his candidacy.

The report said Roco is scheduled to fly to the US on Wednesday.

Roco is the standard-bearer of Alyansa ng Pag-asa (Alliance of Hope).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At Least it narrows down our choices of presidentiables...did they mention what was raul roco's illness?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    "magkano" kaya to???

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if you read the language used in Roco's press release, he just said he was backing out of the campaign. He did not say he was withdrawing his candidacy from the presidency.

The difference? Roco can stop campaigning but his name is still included in the list of candidates come election day. People who are unaware of his decision to "stop campaigning" can still vote for him and write his name in the ballot.

The net effect? The same as withdrawing his candidacy. Although, its probably more of a face-saving measure by Roco than anything else. He probably gauged that he's fallen too far in the surveys to fight GMA and FPJ. Remember, he ran for president previously and lost badly...even Joe De V had more votes in the final tally.

Once bitten, twice shy i suppose.
    Last edited by Altis6453; April 13th, 2004 at 03:46 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hmm, that narrows it down to GMA and Villanueva for me

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ganda siguro ng ngiti ni GMA ngayon. pero laki ng pinayat ni Raul Roco mukha me sakit nga siya. Pano kaya yung Free concert ng South Border for Roco?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sana si FPJ na lang ang nagkasakit (sama ko ba?)

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    may sakit na yun.. sa UTAK... =)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Si FPJ may grand delusion yun that he can run the country. hehehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    naglakad-lakad lang sya sa kalye sa kampanya nya nagkasakit na kagad? no ba yun?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Roco nag-back out?