New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    guys, what local bands you really can classify as world class?

spongecola? cueshe? rivermaya?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    cueshe, spongecola? hehe..

I would say razorback.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    wolfgang!!! kaso disbanded na...

i would say Lokomotiv...(im listening to it right now)
    mga dating wolfgang at razorback... kaso may halong kano... and kakaalis lang ni basti sa band...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    and ofcourse Queso!!! representative ng pinas sa world battle of the bands...

jan din greyhounds at skychurch.... pwede na slapshock...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, definitely wolfgang! hindi ko pa napapakinggan yang lokomotiv, makahanap nga. hehehe

medyo OT: kung may nakakakilala sa inyo sa bay area based filipino thrash band na death angel, tutugtog ata sila sa pulp summerslam. sarap sana manood kahit sila lang panoorin ko. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wolfgang was great... but they lacked that last little something to make it really big in the US. Electric riffs, terrific technical skill (those timing changes and jazz-like touches on songs like "Roadworthy Man" were exceptional) and some memorable songs... but they never really hit the big-time internationally.

Not anything against Wolfgang, but what's good for the Philippines isn't always good elsewhere.

I saw a lot of great bands with technical skill and good songwriting during my college years, and I have a number of CDs stashed away here and there. The thing is, we have a market that's too small to support them, so they eventually dissolve when the band members don't feel like supporting the band with the hard-earned money they've earned elsewhere.

When I see bands doing ads in the US, I think "sell-out"... here? I just shrug and say: "Survival, baby...".

We have lots of rocking bands. And when a band dissolves because of personal, financial, family, creative issues, etcetera... those guys are still around. I've seen Carl Roy (singer, P.O.T.) around, doing stuff with Nathan Azarcon (original bassist, Rivermaya)... that was before Nathan jumped back on with Bamboo when he came back...

We have lots of rocking bands around... but many don't last long. But rest assured, the rockers are still there... you just have to find them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would suggest Urbandub.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Rivermaya.

Good writing skills by Rico Blanco

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    wolfgang for me

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I don't particularly care for the local bands these days, no offense to their fans. Parang wala lang kasing nagsa-stand out e.

Side A. Now that's a premiere band. Medyo slow down nga lang sila ngayon, palibhasa tumatanda na e.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
rockin' local bands