New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Rizal Park in China: A quick look | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

Philippines and China may have disagreed on the Spratlys and other issues, but a link between the 2 races still exists in Jose Rizal.

The Rizal Park in the city of Jinjiang in Fujian province was built in 2003 to recognize the Chinese ancestry of the Philippines' national hero. It has an almost exact copy of Rizal's statue -- from his pedestal to the book he carries.

It is a few meters taller than the monument in Luneta. Carved below the statue is Rizal's name in Chinese.

Rizal is also featured in the Jinjiang overseas Chinese history exhibition, where details of his family tree can be seen.

His father, Francisco Mercado, is the great grandson of Ke Yi Nan, who left Jinjiang and migrated to Manila in 1697. -- Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have been there a few years ago. The first time I saw the park, I found it weird to have a copy of the Luneta monument in China.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Next opportunity of a trip to China, I'll see if I can pass by the place....

Great respect for our National Hero....

13.6K:painting:

Rizal Park in China: A quick look