New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im kinda amazed by these mind twisting riddles...

may isa akong riddle na hindi masagot..maybe you can help me.

may dalaawang tribo.

si TRIBONG NAGSISINUNGALING (T1)

at

si TRIBONG NAGSASABI NG TOTOO (T2)

naglaban ang dalawang tribo....kaya may mga nahalong mga taga T1 sa T2 at may nahalong T2 sa T1.

ngayon papunta ka sa isang tribo....pano mo malalaman kung ano yung original na tribo nila kung isang sentence lang daw ang gagamitin mo?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EASY but TRICKY questions for you. (WITH SOLUTIONS
    BELOW).
    Try to answer it first before going into the
    solutions.

CLASSIC LATERAL THINKING EXERCISES.
    Try these to loosen up the old brain cells and lead yourselves into creative problem-solving!

Enjoy!

1. There is a man who lives on the top floor of a
    very tall building. Everyday he gets the elevator down to the ground floor to leave the building
    to go to work. Upon returning from work though, he can only travel half way up in the lift and has to walk the rest of the way unless it's raining!
    Why?

This is probably the best known and most
    celebrated of all lateral thinking puzzles. It is a true classic. Although there are many possible
    solutions which fit the initial conditions, only the
    canonical answer is truly satisfying.

2. A man and his son are in a car accident. The
    father dies on the scene, but the child is rushed to the hospital. When he arrives the surgeon says, "I can't operate on this boy, he is my son!" How can this be?

3. A man is wearing black. Black shoes, socks,
    trousers, jumper, gloves and balaclava. He is walking down a black street with all the street lamps off. A black car is coming towards him with its light off but somehow manages to stop in time. How did the driver see the man?

4. One day Kerry celebrated her birthday. Two days later her older twin brother, Terry, celebrated his birthday. How?

5. Why is it better to have round manhole covers
    than square ones? This is logical rather than lateral, but it is a good puzzle that can be solved by lateral thinking techniques. It is supposedly used by a very well-known software company as an interview question for rospective employees.

6. A man went to a party and drank some of the
    punch. He then left early. Everyone else at the party who drank the punch subsequently died of
    poisoning. Why did the man not die?

7. A man died and went to Heaven. There were
    thousands of other people there. They were all naked and all looked as they did at the age of 21. He looked around to see if there was anyone he recognized. He saw a couple and he knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve. How
    did he know?

8. A woman had two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year. But they were not twins. How could this be so?

9. A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says 'Thank you' and walks out.

This puzzle claims to be the best of the genre. It
    is simple in its statement, absolutely baffling and yet with a completely satisfying solution. Most people struggle very hard to solve
    this one yet they like the answer when they hear it or have the satisfaction of figuring it out.

===

I'll post the solution later... :D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    1. ?
    2. The surgeon is the mother.
    3. It is daytime?
    4. Their mother gave birth to them on the airplane while crossing the timezone?
    5. A square manhole cover has a chance of falling in the hole while a round one won't.
    6. Siya yung naglagay na lason? hehehe...
    7. No belly button
    8. ?
    9. ?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sumakit yun ulo ko ah... pacheck kung tama yun hula ko... un #1 ni mazdamazda tinanong na sa akin yan before pero tama naman sagot ko...

try ko sagutan...

glennster: "sino ang nagsisisnungaling?" siyempre hindi magtataas ng kamay yun tribong nagsasabi ng totoo dahil hindi nman sila nagsisinungaling... magtataas yun mga tribong nagsisinungaling...

or

"sino dito ang hindi galing sa ganitong tribo t1 or t2?"

siyempre t2 hindi magtataas kasi hindi sila sinungaling, magtataas yun t1 dahil magsisinungaling sila...

mazdamazda:
    1. He is short, so hindi niya abot... kailangan ng umbrella...

2. the doctor is the mother (not sure, kasi po maraming doctor couples sa family)

3. It is daytime...

4. International dateline issues... crossing from atlantic to pacific... ngayon bawal na yan kasi kung manganak yun babae sa airplane, dapat sagutin ng airlines yun needs nun bata hanggang tumanda siya, hindi na ata sila ngayon pumapayag magtravel yun malapit ng manganak...

5. pag-round kasi kahit masagasan hindi lilipad... pag square pagtinamaan sa isang side lilipad siya (i based my answers sa manhole sa katipunan and elliptical road, umiitsa yun takip pag nadaanan, or lumulubog...)

6. nilagay yun poison after niya umalis... or he is the culprit...

7. walang belly button... (medyo madali)

8. hindi ko alam...

9. hindi ko rin alam... suko na ako... may paper pa ako...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    almost the same kami ni ess ng sagot

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    4. pwede ding pinanganak ng february 28, 11:59pm (non-leap year) PM yung una then, march 1 na yung kasunod.

alam ko di pwede magpasakay ng tisbun sa plane, 6months onwards.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oi van...onga noh....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    riddle guru pala toh si van_wilder...

lufetttt...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Here's my guess... I love riddles by the way.
    1) The man is danny de vito - a dwarf and he needs umbrella to press the higher buttons (usually the higher floor). I knew this as I work on 27th floor. but i'm not short hehehe.
    2) The surgeon is the mother of the boy. I have some doctor friend and they are telling me that the difficult part of operation is operating their own kids.
    3) Its daytime - as the black car lights were all off.
    4) Tery was born march1 and kerry was born feb 28th. However, they are not riding an airplane but riding a boat crossing a river of different timezone.
    5) Round manholes will not go inside the manhole. Pero yun square pwedeng mag-flip over. Question to sa UPCAT 88.
    6) Clue here is that he left early which means he's the first guy to drink the punch. Could be that the poison is placed right inside the icecube which later melt and exposed the poison.
    7) Adam and EVE was created by God on the sixth day of Creation. This mean they are not born by their mother, biologically they don't have umbilical cord . Wala silang pusod. Pero daming lasenggo sa tsikot ha...beer belly.
    8) There are four of them... quadruplets (but not twins).
    9) The gun pointed was actually a water gun --
    the bartender fires the water gun and from here the man drinks the water..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Some answers have already been given.

T1 / T2: Just ask them what your gender / name is.

1. still stumped.

2. Old one. It is the mother. (Easy for me, my mother is a doctor)

3. It is daytime

4. Not just as simple as crossing a time zone. Terry was born March 1, crossing the dateline from west to east (Asia / Tokyo - US), while Kerry was born on February 28. Their current birthdays fall on a leap year.

5. Square covers can fall into their own hole.

6. The poison was in the FOOD. :D

7. no belly buttons

8. sa surrogate mother yung isa!

9. It's a squirt gun. :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Riddles