New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi guys,

I have a retailing business and I was looking to ask some inputs regarding a lighting problem that has been baffling me for a while now.

We are situated in a mall in BGC and a recurring problem is that our lights keeps on being RMA'ed. They're regularly ON for around 9AM - 11PM or 14 hours a day. It baffles me because just the other week, we just RMA'ed and warrantied nine (9) lights consisting of 7 track lights and 2 down lights and this week another three (3) lights went out consisting of 1 downlight and 2 track lights.

This is baffling me as all of the lights are LED (hence they run cool = long lasting) and are backed by a 1-3 year warranty from Akari.

When we had our wires checked, wala naman daw problema. So I'm in that spot whether purchasing industrial lights (which are.. dunno, 300-400% more expensive) as an option. Can anybody who's been in the industry share their opinions of it?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The 50,000 operating hours is partly true and in this case, more of a marketing gimmick. The thing is, many of these LED bulbs are being over-driven by the manufacturers for them to produce ridiculously high light output. That of course, will be at the expense of the LED's life span. And since the LEDs themselves are connected in series (like legacy Christmas lights), if one LED burns out, the whole bank of LEDs will no longer light up.

Try to project the annual failure rate, factor in the cost of each bulb, its warranty length, and power consumption and compare it to CFLs. See if, say, how much will you be spending or saving in 3 to 5 years.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not an expert on lights, but:

Perhaps you can try to check with your fellow retailers on their experiences (if any would have similar lighting).

You can also try and consult directly with the Akari distributor maybe?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a retailing business and I was looking to ask some inputs regarding a lighting problem that has been baffling me for a while now.

We are situated in a mall in BGC and a recurring problem is that our lights keeps on being RMA'ed. They're regularly ON for around 9AM - 11PM or 14 hours a day. It baffles me because just the other week, we just RMA'ed and warrantied nine (9) lights consisting of 7 track lights and 2 down lights and this week another three (3) lights went out consisting of 1 downlight and 2 track lights.

This is baffling me as all of the lights are LED (hence they run cool = long lasting) and are backed by a 1-3 year warranty from Akari.

When we had our wires checked, wala naman daw problema. So I'm in that spot whether purchasing industrial lights (which are.. dunno, 300-400% more expensive) as an option. Can anybody who's been in the industry share their opinions of it?
    kung ngaun lang August nangyari yan, I have an explanation for you but you won't believe me. pero lagi nangyayari yan kasi Akari binili nyo, walang kwenta brand yan

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Same production batch? Check with the manufacturer bro. They normally have a date and alpha code to identify if the units are from the same batch or lot of LEDs.

It is a real thing in production...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There is a batch of LED lights that has quality problem. Same thing with the NXLed lights we have. They replaced it after some argument with their 2 year warranty at Ace Hardware. Already changed 3 units. They conked out after 2-3 months.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    kung ngaun lang August nangyari yan, I have an explanation for you but you won't believe me. pero lagi nangyayari yan kasi Akari binili nyo, walang kwenta brand yan
    I'm all ears. Also, if not for Akari, what brand would you recommend? Since I grew up with them, I'm quite fond of their brand so to speak. But I'm also open to other brands.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Go to Soler, they have plenty of retailers of lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I'm all ears. Also, if not for Akari, what brand would you recommend? Since I grew up with them, I'm quite fond of their brand so to speak. But I'm also open to other brands.
    Philips.

Check Akari's source. Find out how they qualify the lamps.
    Or you can do your own reliability check.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    Go to Soler, they have plenty of retailers of lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where's "Soler"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast