New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how to prolong the life of remote control for electronic appliances (tv, compo, dvd, etc.)? I already bought two universal RC and mukhang pabigay na rin itong huli. Life is a hell without these remote controls.

So, any suggestions other than wrapping it with plastic? baka may other techniques kayo dyan. Thanks!

ps: madalas din nyo bang malaglag RC accidentally or natural born lang pagka-clumsiness ko?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i keep my remote beside my bed. dropped it 23,452 times and its still a-ok. Yun lang nga, nakakatakot coz i keep my XDAII and work cellphone in roughly the same location.

Wrapping it in plastic seems like a good idea. Parang remote control ng TV sa ...... alam niyo na ;)
    Last edited by pajerokid; December 26th, 2003 at 04:42 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have a dedicated rack to put them in para hindi sila nadadaganan, nalalaglag, nauupuan, etc. And wag masyado galit sa pag-press ng buttons. If they don't respond, baka mahina na ang battery. No use forcing the buttons harder.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    plastic nga! at kapalan nyo ang mga kanto para may additional cushion. at mas madaling linisin laban sa mga germs pag may plastik.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron nabibili sa rustans na remote controls rack,,,para hinde magulo doon na nakalagay lahat ng RC....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    magkano naman ang remote control rack? :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    less than P300+ yata, basta less than P500

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i got 4 remote controls
    for TV, DVD, AV receiver, and cable box.

eventhough all remotes are programmed to my AV receiver remote, kulang kulang pa rin ang function, so hinahanap-hanap ko pa rin yung iba

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by OiC65
    how to prolong the life of remote control

So, any suggestions other than wrapping it with plastic? baka may other techniques kayo dyan.
    kung ayaw gumana ang mga buttons kahit bago batteries madumi na ang mga contact sa PCB sa loob ng remote. Baklasin mo na lang at punasan ng alchohol pati rubber button contacts.;) Good idea rin yang wrapping it with plastic, prolongs the life of the remote from spills and dust.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got this tip from "superman" of pinoydvd

what i do is that i cut the shrink wrap to twice or 2.5 times the size of the remote (to cover everything)...seal all the sides using the electric plastic sealer (which i also bought from RAFF packaging in alabang for Php600++)...then use a hair dryer/blower to shrink to plastic wrap and take the shape of the remote...voila...of course if there's a need to replace the betteries, you have to "destroy" the plastic wrap, replace the batteries and do the wrapping all over again...thanks!

thanks to nirvblakr for teaching me this...

remote control